cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 to 48 hours before items are Visible

And before you say it, I know what the eBay contract says, that uses to be worst case scenario, now it appears to be standard operation, what I'm saying is until about a week ago, I could list or edit or add to quantity in my listings and they would appear on eBay within 2 minutes, now, it takes at least 24 hours, what in the world is going on, If I sell something and it goes out of stock, and I add to the quantity, "24 HOURS", You do a 3 day auction, by the time it appears it's a 2 day auction, you don't want to do a 1 day auction, LOL     

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: 24 to 48 hours before items are Visible

I have only found any indexing done on certain items…I had a Louis Vuitton pouch that didn’t show for 24 hours. I called and sure enough, they do some kind of cursory check. Then it is posted. Any other items I have never seen this.

That  answered my questions, you sell gun parts or that is what they look like to me.  It says air guns. I am sure that is the issue, and the new varieties are quite powerful. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

May be so, However we live in the A.I. Age, and the difference between a Full listing make over and a simple Quantity change for an Air Gun part, should be Easily Detectable.  And the most important Question, Why Now?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I'm experiencing the exact same issue & have for about 2 weeks now. It was some system update with eBay & now certain categories it takes a full 24 hours (in some cases longer) for listings to appear in search results. eBay is well aware of the issue (multiple posts on here, calls, complaints) but so far no word from them as to whether or not this will be fixed or if this is simply the new normal for the longsuffering sellers.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Ebay has No Clue the Misery they cause to their Sellers, I just listed a Crosman 600 part, and I must say I Laugh now when eBay sends me a follow-up message stating "See Your Listing Live", Yeah it's a link to your site space, I say Wake up eBay not everyone is as stupid as you think, the true test of LIVE is when I copy and paste the Title of an item in search , and it pops right up, That's Truly Iive, Not Fake Live,  LOL

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes it happens to everyone, not sure why either. Do you think eBay reps will reply with the logic and reason? 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Are you kidding, logic and reason are like Kryptonite to these people, lol

Message 7 of 7
latest reply