cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 New shipping Label page FedEX label FAIL!!

Attention eBay!

Please fix this!

The new labels page prints FedEx labels vertically instead of horizontally!

Like millions of other eBay shippers I use an inkjet printer and 2-to-a-page self stick labels. USPS labels print  horizontally just fine but not FedEx. (The classic labels page prints FedEx horizontal with no issues)

Didn't anyone in the IT department think about or test this?

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: 2019 New shipping Label page FedEX label FAIL!!

Just so you know that was not an option when I made the complaint about being offered only 3 print options - there was no link to other options

@tupperstuff4u wrote:

@lottadogs wrote:

I don't think they tested anything

I was NOT pleased to go to the print label page to discover there were only three options for printing postage for USPS none of which were the way my buyer had paid for.

Thank goodness I could go back to the old print label page so I could ship my item.

Its not bad enough the new page constantly goes back to default postage type and price but not even being able to ship USPS first class is pretty nasty.

At least you got a label!

On the new page there is a link that says "Show all options" Just click on that and all your other label options will open below it.

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

Since the start of April the 8 1/2 x 11 USPS label no longer prints the right size. I use the 1 label 1 receipt format and it now prints so the label is partly in the margin and the receipt is partly on the sticky label portion of the page.

Sure I can manually cut out the label and peel the margin area and stick it to the side of the rest of the label but why the heck should I have to?

I've seen no documentation that eBay label size has been changed.

Someone has TOTALLY messed up label printing and eBay support tells me that's the new way labels print, nothing can be done, and as long as the bar code works there is NO PROBLEM! I want my OLD label printing that actually worked back please!

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

@lottadogs wrote:

Since the start of April the 8 1/2 x 11 USPS label no longer prints the right size. I use the 1 label 1 receipt format and it now prints so the label is partly in the margin and the receipt is partly on the sticky label portion of the page.

Sure I can manually cut out the label and peel the margin area and stick it to the side of the rest of the label but why the heck should I have to?

I've seen no documentation that eBay label size has been changed.

Someone has TOTALLY messed up label printing and eBay support tells me that's the new way labels print, nothing can be done, and as long as the bar code works there is NO PROBLEM! I want my OLD label printing that actually worked back please!

finally got some help from customer support - a different person than the first one

If you want to go to the classic label printing page to print shipping labels

Open the new print label page from your order - in the URL in that screen replace new_label with back_to_classic and that will drop that page to the old label print

Only took 75 minutes to finally get that information. I think I need to start billing eBay for my time wasted trying to get a fix for their coding problems!

Leave everything else in the URL the same

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

Maybe try this?:

If the label is opening in PDF (like mine are now), at the top toolbar of your pdf screen where it says "View", click on that then the first option is "Rotate View"..maybe by rotating from there, you may get your desired result..

Message 20 of 33
latest reply

The easiest work around is to change your preferred label layout to full page. Then tell your printer to print 2 labels per page.  

Message 21 of 33
latest reply

And then we're wasting ink by the bucketful...
Message 22 of 33
latest reply

My workaround was to save the image, drag it to a new Word document and then rotate it.

Time waste but works.

Thanks again eBay for taking something that works perfectly well and then ruining it. Anticipating more of the same in 2019...as it's happened every year! Congratulations on losing customers!

Message 23 of 33
latest reply

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE AND IT SUCKS!! EVERY TIME I CALL EBAY THEY SAY IT'S NOT A PROBLEM ON THEIR END. BUT I DEAL WITH 4 COMPUTERS AND 2 DIFFERANT ACCOUNTS AND STILL THE SAME ISSUE. AND THEY TELL ME THAT THEY HAVE NO OTHER CASES OF PEOPLE CALLING IN FOR THIS CONCERN. WHAT ALSO SUCKS IS NOW THEY HAVE TOTALLY GOTTEN RID OF THE CLASSIC SITE TO PROPERLY PRINT LABELS.

Message 24 of 33
latest reply

TOO LATE, THEY HAVE TOLD ME TODAY THAT CLASSIC IS NO LONGER AN OPTION, THIS SUCKS!!!
Message 25 of 33
latest reply

when you have the new label flow screen open, edit the url and replace "new_label" with "back_to_classic" without the quotes and then print using the classic flow.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 26 of 33
latest reply

Still broken.... after tons of emails.

I do not think they are trying to fix.

Sam

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

Any update on this? I would really like a fix to easily print FedEx labels like I do USPS labels. Now that Back to Classic is not an option I waste ink and paper using two labels instead of just one. This is a pain for a lot of sellers and needs a more optimal solution instead of a workaround. It needs to be a part of our shipping flow. Thanks!

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

Hey, brought this up again earlier this week in another thread and eBay continues to point fingers and not fix it.  "It's the API vendors fault".

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 29 of 33
latest reply

A lot of sellers use two part 8.5 by 11 self-adhesive labels.... Like me.   

The orientation of the FedEx labels is a big deal, sellers like myself have to print on plain paper, cut it to size and then tape it to the box. The tape gets snagged on other boxes then these labels come off the boxes during shipping, get lost all together or seriously delayed &it is pissing off customers and costing me (and eBay when I have to issue a refund)  money!

This has been going on for months, it can't be that difficult an issue to fix how much less credible does eBay want to be in the online marketplace??

Message 30 of 33
latest reply