cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Overpayment more than the amount due is not allowed." ?!?!

Went to pay my ebay fees today and was greeted by this message for the first time ever. This is very frusterating for me because I prorate my $300 monthly anchor store fees into my weekly payments to ebay. I'll explain below if that's confusing.

I like to get caught up to date on my ebay fees every week and throw the anchor store charge in as well. So at the end of the 5th day of the month (today) I'll overpay my fees so that I'll be at minus 50. At the end of the 10th I'll make sure I'm at minus 100 etc so that on the 30th of the month I'll be at minus 300 and be all caught up when the bill hits. Doing this avoids a major monthly bill.

Now it looks like I'm unable to do this and I'm peeved about it. It's one of those changes that won't *help* anybody and only hurts those who were used to overpaying for a strategic reason. Thanks a lot ebay.... again...

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

"Overpayment more than the amount due is not allowed." ?!?!

@2013grotz wrote:

On this topic, I made a post here asking a similar question that was locked for some reason.  I'm carrying a small negative balance on the old ledger (by that meaning ebay owes me that), and was wondering if/how that would be reconciled.  Really haven't gotten a solid answer.  But I would think being on MP, that side of the ledger would become irrelevant.

@2013grotz 

If it happened since you have been in MP, then it should be resolved in MP.

But if it happened BEFORE you went into MP, you will need to call Ebay and get a resolution for the credit balance.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 16
latest reply