cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer service is terrible

What Happened was my fault. I messed up on putting a price on the item I wanted to sell I didn't realize if you relist your item you get charged. I called and asked if I could change the date of when I had to pay that charge I wasn't asking to cancel the payment. My complaint is the person I talked to on the phone was so rude and wouldn't even work with me. The reason I need to do this is because financially. I'm not doing the best and if I could pay this on my next paycheck. It would help out alot.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@kylethejobber 

Sorry to hear of the poor phone interaction.

They cannot defer payments for you thus your request was falling on deaf ears. 

Most sellers can list 200 or so items for free. Not sure as to what you were being charged for as far as relisting goes unless you are using a reserve price or enhanced listing options. 

Posting ID
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

The charge for listing, or relisting, if charged at all is only 40 cents.  I'm not sure what charge you are talking about either.  Are you referring to the final value fee, which is only charged if and when your item sells?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@kylethejobber wrote:

What Happened was my fault. I messed up on putting a price on the item I wanted to sell I didn't realize if you relist your item you get charged. I called and asked if I could change the date of when I had to pay that charge I wasn't asking to cancel the payment. My complaint is the person I talked to on the phone was so rude and wouldn't even work with me. The reason I need to do this is because financially. I'm not doing the best and if I could pay this on my next paycheck. It would help out alot.

I assume the charge was for the reserve.  (I only see one listing and it hasn't sold nor does it have bids yet.) The fee for the reserve is charged to your account at the time of listing.

If you're going to have auction lisitngs, instead of setting a reserve price, start the opening bid at the lowest amount you're willing to let it go for. 

You won't be charged anything until it sells. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

As your current item has a reserve on it, as already suggested, I expect that's the root of your problem.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@kylethejobber 

That fee is for the Reserve upgrade. 

Save yourself some money and simply start the item at the Reserve price. Buyers don’t like guessing what the selling price might be. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

BTW, @kylethejobber , your description looks like your buyer may be unhappy and might end up returning the item as NAD. 

Selling an item that "has issues" and describing it as "working but when playing games, sometimes it will crash" is looking for trouble. 

If it sells, don't spend the money until the time passes during which the buyer can open a claim.

Personally, I wouldn't sell that item.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I had somebody from Twitter customer service. Help me out. They were amazing I would like to close this post.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I was charged for taking down the item then reposting it because I got the price wrong. I was charged $36 for doing that and I got mad. Someone over Twitter helped me bring it down to $3. I was fine with that price he was a amazing person so I wanna take back what I said about customer service form ebay.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply