cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any idea if EBAY will ?

do you think that EBAY will ever come to their senses + revise their totally seller unfriendly + ignorant payment policies ?  -  numerous sellers like myself with over 2 decades selling have been forced to abandom EBAY for other more friendly + profitable venues ! -

Message 1 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Re: any idea if EBAY will ?

Thats strange, do you have any defects/ Ive only had one sale with mp, but had my payment in three days.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 61 of 75
latest reply

Has nothing to do with being a trs..you have a long period with no sales until your recent Nov sales...you are subject to the 21 day hold.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 62 of 75
latest reply

@schutzen-jager wrote:

three policies you can start with are customer service , dispute settlements , + managed payments - take the time to review all those topics on this community forums are not in ebay's favor by any stretch of the imagination - 

everybody is entitled to their opinions about Ebay , but they should be based documented facts + not biased personnel opinions -   

fwiw i do not see many posters agreeing with your comments on this topic at all  ! -

OK but customer service or the lack thereof is not a policy.  

I've posted on many threads over the years since Ebay went to Simplified Returns in October of 2018.  It is a horrible policy and is long overdue for an overhaul.  

Managed Payments is a program that has lots of policies or procedures that describes the program.  Overall the program is not that much different than the other larger sites like Ebay have had in place for years.  Ebay is not the first to migrate to this kind of policy but the last of the larger sites to do it.  

The single biggest problem for many sellers to move over to MP and adapt is we were all spoiled by the flexibility of PayPal.  As we all know MP is simply no where near what PP is.  MP is a simple and basic money processing program, Paypal is a full Wallet.  PayPal is actually the unicorn here.  None of the larger sites similar to Ebay have their money processing system anywhere near as flexible as PP.

This change has been the hardest on Casual Sellers [no store].  And I personally find that to be reasonable.  They are the sellers that are most often operating on a very close cash flow.  So the length of time MP takes to process to the seller's bank is very problematic for a great many of them.

This year Ebay was busy onboarding 19+ million sellers into MP.  So since they are almost done with that.  It is my hope that next year we seem some positive improvements to MP.

Are you of the opinion that if my posts don't get whatever number of thumbs up you think they should have if others agreed with me, that in turns makes what I have said invalid???  Is that you opinion??

What does it mean when your posts don't get any thumbs up or are you held to a different opinion?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 63 of 75
latest reply

@curlygurly77 wrote:

I've been selling for over 20 years and just started stocking up my store again a couple of months ago and was pretty ticked off to see that Ebay is now holding my money for up to 3 weeks simply because I'm not a Top Rated Seller. I am not selling at the volume I used to and only selling a couple of hundred dollars or so a month and so now Ebay has decided to hold my money until the package gets delivered. I've used MANY other platforms and there are some that wait until you enter in tracking info but I have never heard of holding your money until USPS delivers your item. Someone sent my daughter a gift in September and we JUST got it last week! It was sent Priority. 

@curlygurly77 

Who the heck told you that??  It has NOTHING to do with TRS or are you simply assuming that???

Ebay has had a rule for many years that applies to New Sellers and seller returning to selling after 90+ days away.  You clearly qualify for the later.  Read and learn.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/funds-availability.html

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/pending-payments?id=415...

Message 64 of 75
latest reply

drop in the bucket maybe , but totally valid + a definitive statement about EBAY + the overwhelming majority of long time uses that i converse with will not make any comments , their reason being that no matter what their concerns it falls on Ebay's deaf ears + nothing will be done to rectify any valid users concerns -  how many of the 30 million are active + happy with Ebay ?

Message 65 of 75
latest reply

[Are you of the opinion that if my posts don't get whatever number of thumbs up you think they should have if others agreed with me, that in turns makes what I have said invalid???  Is that you opinion??]

my opinion is that many of your long winded posts on this topic are not substantiated by prevailing facts  +  not  agreed to + not found to be helpful by many other users of this community -

Message 66 of 75
latest reply

@schutzen-jager wrote:

drop in the bucket maybe , but totally valid + a definitive statement about EBAY + the overwhelming majority of long time uses that i converse with will not make any comments , their reason being that no matter what their concerns it falls on Ebay's deaf ears + nothing will be done to rectify any valid users concerns -  how many of the 30 million are active + happy with Ebay ?

The number are actually 19 million active sellers and 154 million active buyers.

https://investors.ebayinc.com/fast-facts/default.aspx

As to whether or not each person is happy with Ebay there is no way for any of us to know that.  They are still active, so it is likely they have worked through issues that faced them.

Message 67 of 75
latest reply

@schutzen-jager wrote:

[Are you of the opinion that if my posts don't get whatever number of thumbs up you think they should have if others agreed with me, that in turns makes what I have said invalid???  Is that you opinion??]

my opinion is that many of your long winded posts on this topic are not substantiated by prevailing facts  +  not  agreed to + not found to be helpful by many other users of this community -

I don't need to have you agree with me.  You asked some questions.  I answered.  You don't like my answers and that is just fine, it isn't more complicated than that.  You are however making assumptions about things you do not know.  You speak for yourself, not all the other users out there.  

Message 68 of 75
latest reply

They will eventually have to go back to some sort of seller protection.

They won't do it willingly and only when they can't advertise their way out of being known as a place that is supper easy to steal from sellers.

Message 69 of 75
latest reply

"how many of the 30 million are active + happy with Ebay ?"

how many of the millions of users of Amazon are active + happy?

If you think eBay is a tough environment...maybe you ought to give Amazon a try as a seller...

Message 70 of 75
latest reply

[The number are actually 19 million active sellers and 154 million active buyers.]

facts provided by ebay totally lack any creditability - most of the comments you provide are your assumptions + opinions + not the actual views of most ebay sellers as all posts in all community forums support - 

Message 71 of 75
latest reply

@schutzen-jager wrote:

[The number are actually 19 million active sellers and 154 million active buyers.]

facts provided by ebay totally lack any creditability - most of the comments you provide are your assumptions + opinions + not the actual views of most ebay sellers as all posts in all community forums support - 

So you are aware that Ebay is a publicly held company and therefore subject to the SEC rules and oversight, right?  

Is it just because I posted it??  A previous poster said it was 30 million sellers, but you didn't question that number.  Then I post that the number is much lower than that with support for the numbers I posted and you want to throw out those numbers.

I'm not sure anything I post is something you would ever accept.  It appears you disagree simply to disagree.

Message 72 of 75
latest reply

the sec has no jurisdiction on notices published by ebay in news releases  whatsoever - i totally agree with facts + the majority of user opinions based on overall experiance - 

Message 73 of 75
latest reply

@schutzen-jager wrote:

the sec has no jurisdiction on notices published by ebay in news releases  whatsoever - i totally agree with facts + the majority of user opinions based on overall experiance - 

Well yes and no.  Those numbers were reported along with the Ebay financial statements and were part of their 3 quarter reporting.  So unless you have some proof otherwise, why would Ebay report their financials so they comply with SEC and then report some bogus numbers as well along with such reports.

Again, I think you seem to be compelled to disagree with anything I post whether it is legit or not.  So I don't think conversing with each other is really beneficial for anyone.

Message 74 of 75
latest reply

from SEC website - 

Here are the major purposes SEC aims to achieve in the capital market:

• To ensure orderly, fair and equitable dealings in securities
  • To maintain proper standards of conduct and professionalism in the securities business
  • To profit the integrity of the securities market against arising from the practice of insider trading. ]

the IRS + FTC are the agencies that monitor accuracy of financial reports + statements ! 

i only disagree with your exceptional long winded , off topic , inaccurate , non documented , + generally miss leading posts favoring Ebay's policies that are completely opposed by majority of users opinions - your irrational statements will no longer be read addressed  by me - 

Message 75 of 75
latest reply