cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my payout "declined?"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since we moved over to managed payments, we haven't had any problems getting the money paid to the checking account. Yes, it takes too long, but the money has arrived. Until today.

Today, it declined a payout. There is nothing on the Payments pages explaining WHY the payout was declined. Since all the other payouts have gone through, what's different about this one? There's been no e-mail explaining what's going on, no note on the ebay page of an issue with any of the payments, nothing. I've scoured the Community Board, but I'm not finding any answers as to why payouts are declined. 

Does anyone have the answer or know where I can find the information?

Message 1 of 162
latest reply
161 REPLIES 161

Re: Why is my payout "declined?"

01-12-21

eBay Payout

Declined Waiting for Retry

This happened to me one time before on 12-02-20.  On that occasion it resolved itself within (12) hours, and eBay issued an explanation accepting blame; however without any specifics as to the nature of the problem.

Two payment processing problems within (6) weeks is a bit unsettling.

Message 151 of 162
latest reply

I am having the same problem on 01-12-2021. "Deposit declined waiting for retry", what ever that means??? I do not understand because the same thing happened last month on the 2rd of December. I would have thought the problem was taken care of by now. How can E-bay still be having so many failures with MP?  Surely after years of partnering with PayPal (using PP as a model) and a year long rollout of MP, E-bay would have had all glitches worked out. E-BAY YOU NEED TO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER, I suggest you hire people who know what they are doing.

Message 152 of 162
latest reply

-General Reply-

We're aware there is an issue with payouts as of 1.12.2021. Any updates we receive will be posted in this thread

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 153 of 162
latest reply

Still happening in January 2021.

All of my payments have gone through except today's. Says declined will try again later. 

I have not updated anything, I have not done anything with my bank.

It better go through tomorrow since I had to wait all weekend for this payment.

Ebay CS will get an earful if not. 

Why can't they offer payments to your paypal? That never failed. I'll gladly pay the 1% like before. It's better than not getting your payments at al!!

Message 154 of 162
latest reply

I have been in the process of switching over for about two weeks now. I have not been paid at all since I switched over. It says the deposit was declined. Like everyone else, I contacted my bank and there is no record of an attempted deposit. What is even more frustrating is that the ability to talk to someone about this proves to be challenging. The option to have eBay call me is "unavailable" and has been all week. This is pushing me towards shutting my store down. I've spoken to eBay a couple of times within the past two weeks by going another route of having them contact me. They have offered really no support on this issue. I'm very disappointed in the service being given. 

Message 155 of 162
latest reply

Has anyone found resolution to this issue, or found a way to get ahold of someone at eBay? I have had payouts being declined since 1/22/21. I am not able to contact eBay as their "customer service"  has been unavailable all week.  So frustrating. Any help appreciated. 

Message 156 of 162
latest reply

I have over $40k being declined for 2 weeks now. This is ridiculous

Message 157 of 162
latest reply

The same thing happened to me today.  A few went through, very slowly, now this.  What is up?

Message 158 of 162
latest reply

Sheeesh, this service is terrible compared to paypal.  I got a declined/undefined with no explanation whatsoever.  

Message 159 of 162
latest reply

If you have a bank account that is NOT USD funds, but your payouts are in USD funds, then it will decline. 

It took me 8-9 chats and 4-5 months to finally be told this.

Message 160 of 162
latest reply

Can this zombie thread be locked ?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 161 of 162
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread HERE.

Thanks.

Message 162 of 162
latest reply