cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the additional charges coming from?

I’ve decided I like eBay’s “new” system of payouts for each transaction, where the fees are deducted from the sale and the rest gets deposited into my checking account. The good part about that is that I don’t end up owing those fees at the end of the month, because they are already paid.

That said, I’m still left with having to pay between $25 and $30 at the end of the month. I’m trying to understand what these charges or fees are for. And why they weren’t deducted along with the others. Is it a store fee? If it is, where would I find it in the Seller Hub?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You don't need to contact anyone in Managed Payments, the answer is readily available in both the MP Help pages and by looking carefully at your Invoice.  At present, only FVFs are taken out before money goes into the bank. Monthly store fee, any Promoted Listing fees, any "extra" fees you might have (bold, sub-title, etc) are in your invoice.  As I understand it, this will gradually be changing, so that everything will be taken out before the deposit, and you will no longer be invoiced. And no, I don't know the details of how that will work.  But there's no mystery here, no hidden fees. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Unfortunate that we can't just call, email or chat to ask them these questions and get straight answers. If you can verify that they stop playing hide the mystery fee thing, that would be helpful to hear. That would actually be an upside to this new system if they actually do what they promise for a change.

And yes, yes, I know. Before one of the angry know it all 'helpful' poster complains that I don't know what I'm doing and that eBay shouldn't have to explain it, let me save you the hassle. You've got it all figured out...I don't. Good for you.

But back to the 'end of the month' fees which don't tend to actually hit on any reliable schedule and have this year tended to pop up randomly 6 months or more later...do they have a solve for that yet? That's what I want to know.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Could it be promoted listings fees?

You can get invoices here where it shows your store fees https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&MyeBay=&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextSellerAccounts&ssPageN...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

My store subscription and any listing fees I may have are charged on a monthly basis just like they were prior to MP.   

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Agreed.... I get these mystery fees, on my seller account, also.

Mystery fees + inability to contact eBay - full disclosure =

....Well, you know. If eBay applies this profit methodology to just 10% of its sellers....Just saying.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Whatever justification there may be, I'm sure we all [inadvertently] signed off on this fine print, when we climbed on board. 😄

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I spoke to someone in managed payments, yes spoke!. the fees are for your store subscription and promoted listing fees.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You don't need to contact anyone in Managed Payments, the answer is readily available in both the MP Help pages and by looking carefully at your Invoice.  At present, only FVFs are taken out before money goes into the bank. Monthly store fee, any Promoted Listing fees, any "extra" fees you might have (bold, sub-title, etc) are in your invoice.  As I understand it, this will gradually be changing, so that everything will be taken out before the deposit, and you will no longer be invoiced. And no, I don't know the details of how that will work.  But there's no mystery here, no hidden fees. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I suspected that this was the case, but it would be really helpful if there was a place in the Seller Hub which could clearly indicate that. I did, however, find an instance of a $22 fee which went toward the shipping of my sold item to the UK (“eBay Delivery Services” or something like that). It seems odd that they simply could not deduct that $22 out of my managed payments. On a related note, this was the first time I did not need to print a 1st Class International shipping label marked direct to my UK customer. Instead it went as a Priority shipment to a U.S. address. No customs form needed at my end. I’m assuming they will forward it overseas. The jury is still out as to whether my customer will receive the item. 😮

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I was just billed $25.10 for ending an auction early. It was a $200 item. I re-listed it with a corrected shipping amount rather than lose my butt on shipping. Broke no other Feebay rules. What a rip-off !

As usual, it's a sneaky & dishonest Ebay ploy, and nobody to contact to even attempt straightening this out.

I think I'll let my other auctions run their course and use Facebook Marketplace or another entity.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply