cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payout on a Saturday

Just received a payout this Saturday morning. I've never had a payout over a weekend before. Is this common?

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Payout on a Saturday

@wrong66   I'm on Weekly Payouts , meaning Tuesdays ... however I DID notice that money moved from Processing to Available several times during the weekend instead of today (Monday) ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 31 of 59
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

velvet@ebay 

You should also inform the Payment Team that an announcement was NOT sent.  If there had been, there would not be as many people surprised and/or concerned about the processing over the weekend.  At least those member we know would have read such an announcement would not have been posting we know nothing about it.

AND they need to answer as to how this is happening.  The reason for business days only has been that the ACH is not open on the weekends.  I'm sure that is still true, so how is MP releasing these payouts?  Are they just being held in queue at the ACH for processing when they open on Monday morning?  Or are they actually getting processed on the day the Payout is released and if so, via what method if not the ACH?

I agree that announcements for all upcoming changes would be wonderful @mam98031, but not likely something that will change for various reasons.  

As for the weekend payouts, that's just when we start the release of funds to you; rather then waiting to the next business day to do so. The funds will then show up in your bank account according to regular ACH processing procedures. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 32 of 59
latest reply

I've been looking into how the ACH network operates and I take back what I said earlier about sellers liking this change. Weekend payouts will get the money out of Ayden/eBay's hands and into the ACH quicker but the ACH doesn't process payments on weekends, they just sit in the system until Monday when the banks go back to work. Weekend payouts will not result in payments being deposited into our accounts quicker. If anything it will result in smaller payments taking longer to reach out accounts due to the Thursday/Friday payouts now being broken down individually rather than being lumped together. This is starting to look like yet another poorly thought out eBay decision that makes things needlessly more convoluted for sellers.

And launching this right in the heart of the holiday shopping season? When you combine this with the recent IS cluster it almost looks like eBay doesn't want our focus on selling and making ourselves and them more money.

Message 33 of 59
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@wrong66   I'm on Weekly Payouts , meaning Tuesdays ... however I DID notice that money moved from Processing to Available several times during the weekend instead of today (Monday) ...

This is nothing new for me.  I've always had payments process over the weekend except for one weekend in the past several months or more.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 34 of 59
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

velvet@ebay 

You should also inform the Payment Team that an announcement was NOT sent.  If there had been, there would not be as many people surprised and/or concerned about the processing over the weekend.  At least those member we know would have read such an announcement would not have been posting we know nothing about it.

AND they need to answer as to how this is happening.  The reason for business days only has been that the ACH is not open on the weekends.  I'm sure that is still true, so how is MP releasing these payouts?  Are they just being held in queue at the ACH for processing when they open on Monday morning?  Or are they actually getting processed on the day the Payout is released and if so, via what method if not the ACH?

I agree that announcements for all upcoming changes would be wonderful @mam98031, but not likely something that will change for various reasons.  

As for the weekend payouts, that's just when we start the release of funds to you; rather then waiting to the next business day to do so. The funds will then show up in your bank account according to regular ACH processing procedures. 

velvet@ebay 

OK in the spirit of clarity here.  First regarding announcements.  IMHO when Ebay makes a change as important as this there doesn't seem to be a good excuse for NOT releasing an announcement.  It also seems to me that it is cost effective to release and announcement so that so many sellers are running to the Call center trying to get answers or here on the threads.  Seems it chews up a lot of the CRS labor that is unnecessary if a simply announcement had been made with complete answers to what has changed.

Second, does this statement "As for the weekend payouts, that's just when we start the release of funds to you; rather then waiting to the next business day to do so. The funds will then show up in your bank account according to regular ACH processing procedures" mean the same thing as I said before.  That the deposits would be held in QUEUE at that ACH for processing when they open on Monday morning?????

Message 35 of 59
latest reply

@bossesale77 wrote:

I've been looking into how the ACH network operates and I take back what I said earlier about sellers liking this change. Weekend payouts will get the money out of Ayden/eBay's hands and into the ACH quicker but the ACH doesn't process payments on weekends, they just sit in the system until Monday when the banks go back to work. Weekend payouts will not result in payments being deposited into our accounts quicker. If anything it will result in smaller payments taking longer to reach out accounts due to the Thursday/Friday payouts now being broken down individually rather than being lumped together. This is starting to look like yet another poorly thought out eBay decision that makes things needlessly more convoluted for sellers.

And launching this right in the heart of the holiday shopping season? When you combine this with the recent IS cluster it almost looks like eBay doesn't want our focus on selling and making ourselves and them more money.

While I agree with you on how the ACH works, I disagree with the balance of your statement.  This change is a very good thing for many sellers, especially Casual sellers and others that do daily deposits.  It will get their money to them a little faster and that is a very good thing.

Message 36 of 59
latest reply

"If anything it will result in smaller payments taking longer to reach out accounts due to the Thursday/Friday payouts now being broken down individually rather than being lumped together. "

This is nonsensical.. Do you think eBay is the only company out there shooting payments out, over a weekend or not..   The volume of payments eBay has vs. the entire USA is minute.   There's no trained monkey manually processing the stuff down at the Fed...

Message 37 of 59
latest reply

@householdrecycle wrote:

"If anything it will result in smaller payments taking longer to reach out accounts due to the Thursday/Friday payouts now being broken down individually rather than being lumped together. "

This is nonsensical.. Do you think eBay is the only company out there shooting payments out, over a weekend or not..   The volume of payments eBay has vs. the entire USA is minute.   There's no trained monkey manually processing the stuff down at the Fed...

@householdrecycle 

I'm just trying to understand what you posted.  Are you saying that all sites similar to Ebay, when processing payments they clear them within 1 minute?

I think you have pinging an account confused with the actual transfer of real money.

Message 38 of 59
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

velvet@ebay 

velvet@ebay 

OK in the spirit of clarity here.  First regarding announcements.  IMHO when Ebay makes a change as important as this there doesn't seem to be a good excuse for NOT releasing an announcement.  It also seems to me that it is cost effective to release and announcement so that so many sellers are running to the Call center trying to get answers or here on the threads.  Seems it chews up a lot of the CRS labor that is unnecessary if a simply announcement had been made with complete answers to what has changed.

Second, does this statement "As for the weekend payouts, that's just when we start the release of funds to you; rather then waiting to the next business day to do so. The funds will then show up in your bank account according to regular ACH processing procedures" mean the same thing as I said before.  That the deposits would be held in QUEUE at that ACH for processing when they open on Monday morning?????

Sorry for any confusion @mam98031. Yes, the deposit will be started on eBay's end, and then held in queue at the ACH for processing when they open on Monday or next business day if Monday is a holiday. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 39 of 59
latest reply

eBay is sending money to our bank accounts..  Many other institutions (aside from e-sales sites) transfer money every Monday morning just like that. So many many many more.  My point is that processing payments for the Fed's 7:30AM Monday queue over a weekend is going to slow down nothing. Your assertion that because they are being broken down that somehow it's going to slow down the process is just flat wrong. If a payment file is sent before the Fed's business hour cutoff time, and there are multiple cutoff times during a business day (excludes weekends) it gets processed. There is no volume overflow. 

Message 40 of 59
latest reply

Any chance of ebay doing instant deposits to bank debit cards in the future?

Message 41 of 59
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

velvet@ebay 

velvet@ebay 

This change reminds me of eBay alerting buyers that their purchase "is being shipped" when, in reality, all that has happened is the seller has printed a label. It might not actually be shipped for several days.

Message 42 of 59
latest reply

No it isnt. Im still waiting on mine from over the weekend and from this morning. I just hope my payouts are not lost

Message 43 of 59
latest reply

Something is different. My payout on Friday is already in my bank account. It usually doesn't appear until Tuesday. My payout on Saturday is Pending in my bank account. I don't know about anybody else, but this is much quicker than I've ever seen it.

Message 44 of 59
latest reply

So I called my bank today and they said there was no scheduled payments coming in, this is concerning since they usually show if they are coming, so payouts Saturday and Sunday and no scheduled payouts shown coming to my bank account on Monday, usually the payouts post to my bank within 24 hours, so im concerned that this is actually not going to post tomorrow either, which means this is slower than usual, so what's really going on, no communication as usual from eBay while they manage our money. Its a shame eBay's sales for everyone are down across the board with the exception of the holidays and yet eBays profit margins still soar due to higher fee's, so eBay keeps reaping the rewards and we are all stuck again wondering what they are doing with our money, im sure the board members are getting a nice bonus this year, hate to be negative but when are the sellers actually gonna get some real good news.

Message 45 of 59
latest reply