cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payout much lower than net profit

I just made a net $33.50 on an item, and after paying for a shipping label yesterday, my profit for this sale should be $25.01. Today eBay has sent me a total of $5.03 payout. What happened to the other $20?

Also, a few days ago, I was charged $14.18 for fees that were "unavailable" in my account. If they're deducting fees before sending payouts, why did they add another charge to be automatically deducted from my bank? Did fees suddenly skyrocket? This has never happened to me before.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Payout much lower than net profit

@deepgreeneden 

If you ship with FedEx or UPS, you're not charged until after the package has been delivered.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Just go to "Payments" tab in your seller hub and expand (click the little arrow to the right of the highlighted area) the payment in the listing to see your payment overview/breakdown

It will itemize how they came up with the final amount

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Listing Fees, Store Fees, Refunds (including partial) all come out of 'Processing or Pending $'. If there is nothing pending or nothing processing, they will take those amounts directly from Bank.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@deepgreeneden 

If you ship with FedEx or UPS, you're not charged until after the package has been delivered.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

All I see for this transaction is a $5.50 fee, leaving my net proceed at $33.50. My other recent payouts have been for their shown net amount, which is why I'm confused on this one.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

You are not getting all the details available to you......

There are at least 3 different breakdowns available from each line/listing on your payment page

Click "Payments" Tab (not any link in the dropdown box like Summary....and so on...)

this will open Financial Summary / Settings / Recent Transactions.............................

under Recent Transactions will be the payout TOTAL  of $5.03 (your number indicated above)

That line will have a "linked" Payout ID...Click That and it will give you a detailed breakdown of how that $5.03 came to be.....sources, etc.....its all there...you just need to find it....

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

This is a net total.  Postage comes out of this, as do refunds, store fees, and final value fees.  Click on the pay out number in the message from eBay.  It gives a breakdown of everything that is included.  Many things compromise one payout.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I think you're right, it looks like the stuff I shipped via UPS over two weeks ago. I don't usually use them, I just had some packages too large for the post office. I thought I already paid for those out of my pending payouts though, but the math checks out.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I think I got it, thanks. I was trying to figure this out at work in between doing other things, but it looks like it's the shipping charges from UPS two weeks later than I expected. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being screwed by fees.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Very similar here, I read the comments and don’t understand still if anyone can clarify for me,, so total sale came to 155.72, my net proceeds came to 125.88, I get that, the deductions they take or what it might be,, but shouldn’t that be the same as the payout that I receive, I only was sent 111.05 which is a difference of almost 15 dollars,, I paid for the shipping myself at the post office so it shouldn’t be that,, just totally at a loss if anyone can help pls

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Same here and no explanation for why less is sent to bank than shown in proceeds???  Nobody seems to understand what you are asking - I do.  Net proceeds after fee deduction 16.94, payment to bank 15.14????

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Check the payout reports as suggested above. That should give you the breakdown.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply