cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed payments

Not sure how this managed payments system is going to work for me. I am more than happy with

my Paypal account. I really don't want multiple debits and credits against my bank account. Ebay also says it can take two days for the money to get into my account.

With Paypal, I get IMMEDIATE credit. If I want to transfer from Paypal to my bank account, it is done overnight with no chsrge. I think Ebay (with millions of dollars in the system) can make out like a bandit with such a large float, sitting on buyers/sellers money for 48 hours. Talk about a frwe loan!  I will be watching this carefully, since I strongly believe  Ebay is is skirting some serious legal problems, not to mention a problem with monopolization with no out for members. What's next, Ebay requiring your funds be run through their bank? Ebay has become a very greedy company and I believe this is the straw that will break the camel's back. I am currently seeking a new marketing outlet. Ebay is no longer for me.

I also noted that while I have been a member since 12/5/05, they now showing it as 12/5/10! So they have just erased five years worth of business (and feedback?) from my account. With zero cus timer service, Eba will eventually fade away or go bankrupt with class action lawsuits

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Managed payments

If you can still use PP for automatic payment, that would be ideal if you can fund it vis-a-vis its funding source through Paypal.  If not, and you can only use PP to make manual payments upon receipt of invoice, then eBay has cornered you into making the payment - one you cannot dispute. In which case, CC is the best option, only that, if CC is ever sidelined by fraudulent charges, eBay will tap its funding source - your checking account moonlighting as an insurance policy.

Another rub is eBay and Paypal are dedicated online services.  Online banking is an option which becomes a requirement under MP.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's own safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

eBay, let's say weekly, reconciles itself with your checking account by only depositing money into it (barring any overcharge). The invoice becomes a statement?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right?

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

So, it there is an overcharge, how do you dispute an under-deposit with the bank?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm so confused.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

An aversion to online banking was the stumbling block. Checking account becomes a litany of debits and credits, loaded at intervals, requiring online management. How does the printed Paypal transaction compare to a bank one?

Invoice becomes a statement with a zero balance (if all goes well). Shipping overcharges are disputed with the bank and no longer Paypal.

I think I'll wait for Assisted Payments, send eBay my SS check as a funding source, and get senior discounts on shipping labels.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clear (I think).

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

What alternatives still use PP as a payments processor?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Logical question.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

The change from Paypal to Managed Payments was something I do not like. I'd rather have the option to retain Paypal than be forced into doing what eBay wants. Now my sales are deposited (after a delay of days) into my bank account and comingled with a dizzying amount of other deposits/withdrawals. Sifting through that is tedious to get summary of what involves eBay.

When it was with Paypal, it was *well worth* the additional cost of fees to have a stand alone service that I could see my balance at a glance; whatever was on Paypal, came from eBay. Period. Then I could use Paypal to shop the internet.

My drive to use eBay since going MP has pretty come to complete halt.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Feel your pain, I'm in the same boat, called CS multiple times, Ebay does not care about sellers at all. It is a greed cult!

Message 22 of 22
latest reply