cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed payments

Not sure how this managed payments system is going to work for me. I am more than happy with

my Paypal account. I really don't want multiple debits and credits against my bank account. Ebay also says it can take two days for the money to get into my account.

With Paypal, I get IMMEDIATE credit. If I want to transfer from Paypal to my bank account, it is done overnight with no chsrge. I think Ebay (with millions of dollars in the system) can make out like a bandit with such a large float, sitting on buyers/sellers money for 48 hours. Talk about a frwe loan!  I will be watching this carefully, since I strongly believe  Ebay is is skirting some serious legal problems, not to mention a problem with monopolization with no out for members. What's next, Ebay requiring your funds be run through their bank? Ebay has become a very greedy company and I believe this is the straw that will break the camel's back. I am currently seeking a new marketing outlet. Ebay is no longer for me.

I also noted that while I have been a member since 12/5/05, they now showing it as 12/5/10! So they have just erased five years worth of business (and feedback?) from my account. With zero cus timer service, Eba will eventually fade away or go bankrupt with class action lawsuits

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Managed payments

I feel your pain on Managed Payments, but their website, their rules.  As for the date, that is the date you first joined these community boards, not eBay

Managed payments

No. Your checking account, their rules. Paypal has a resolution center; eBay has chat, call, and avoid.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Call their bluff.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Managed payments

@trebbiefan wrote:

I am currently seeking a new marketing outlet.

Some of the other places use the same program.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Managed payments

What's next, Ebay requiring your funds be run through their bank?

@trebbiefan 

Gotta admit... I'd never thought this far  outside the box. I think we're safe saying this will not happen, though.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Managed payments

SET 50'S NEWSREEL VOICE ON

Powerless to verify an overcharge dispute with the carrier, Joe Schmo hands eBay his checking account.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leave it on.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Managed payments

@trebbiefan wrote:

Not sure how this managed payments system is going to work for me. I am more than happy with

my Paypal account. I really don't want multiple debits and credits against my bank account. Ebay also says it can take two days for the money to get into my account.

With Paypal, I get IMMEDIATE credit. If I want to transfer from Paypal to my bank account, it is done overnight with no chsrge. I think Ebay (with millions of dollars in the system) can make out like a bandit with such a large float, sitting on buyers/sellers money for 48 hours. Talk about a frwe loan!  I will be watching this carefully, since I strongly believe  Ebay is is skirting some serious legal problems, not to mention a problem with monopolization with no out for members. What's next, Ebay requiring your funds be run through their bank? Ebay has become a very greedy company and I believe this is the straw that will break the camel's back. I am currently seeking a new marketing outlet. Ebay is no longer for me.

I also noted that while I have been a member since 12/5/05, they now showing it as 12/5/10! So they have just erased five years worth of business (and feedback?) from my account. With zero cus timer service, Eba will eventually fade away or go bankrupt with class action lawsuits

You should not have multiple in/out.

You can have "daily" M-F (on days when funds are available) "payouts", or opt for "weekly" (on Tuesdays) payouts.

I have weekly. I have been in MP for 15 months, and have yet to have money taken "out" (debited) from my account.  Have had some "pending funds" held while a return was being processed, but eBay did not go to my checking to try to "hold" funds.

I have no "invoiced" fees. Invoiced feees can be paid "manually", "from PP", or set up to be "debited" from the checking.

I have a checking account that is strictly for eBay MP.

eBay is not doing a "float" of the buyer payments. They just don't "front" the funds before they process the way PP did.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Managed payments

Zero customer service makes this a non-starter. In the event of a shipping overcharge, you can appeal to the carrier and correct the error. But this runs parallel to eBay "filing" a dispute. The latter determination is opaque and inviolate with no recourse to the carrier. Checking is the most difficult account to dispute a charge. With the carrier base covered in a he said she said dispute, the bank will come back with "you gave the vendor authorization". Not impossible, but is it worth it?

You don't cull a herd by brainsizing it. You do it by instituting true performance metrics as Amazon has.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the machine.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Managed payments

Having trouble with the accounting speak. In plain English, are you saying that there's an option for manual payment controls? Like others mentioned, I don't like ebay helping themselves to my checking account and with the other hand paying me only when they feel like it.

I think what you suggest is: set up a dedicated checking account for ebay and set invoices for manual payment somehow. Correct?

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Managed payments

Are scheduled payments consolidated; or run afoul of transaction level accounting enjoyed by Paypal?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If it ain't broke, why break it?

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Managed payments

Bank-side accounting vs. Paypal, built to deal with eBay, sounds like:

eBay says Simon put this in your account.

eBay says Simon put that in your account.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
eBay took this from your account.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Managed payments

eBay is a mature, stable system. I mean this in an MIS (when was the last time that term was floated about) sense as I hate what IT does to performance, security, and functionality over wholesale bloat. The system in place should be leveraged as competitive advantage rather than thrown under the bus.

Amazon envy is conceptually misplaced. There is more chattel to move than fad new products. An IT strategy that amounts to a block of cement inscribed: "Give us your tired, your poor, your Amazon rejects" is absurd.

Allow Amazon to collapse under its own weight per Wirth's Law. Defense said, "No".

It took a lot of time and effort to perfect eBay; however, non-existent customer service bedevils the experience.

I can only imagine eBay as a house divided.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any flies on the wall?

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Managed payments

I think what you suggest is: set up a dedicated checking account for ebay and set invoices for manual payment somehow. Correct?

@commuterops_gmail 

Correct. This is a viable option, but not your only option.

I've been in MP for over a year with my decades old personal checking account. It allows for unlimited 'ins and outs' with no charges. As to my eBay invoices, those are paid through my Automatic Payment method, which I've designated through a CC.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Managed payments

Is there an automatic payment method for Paypal?

Can MP hold checking account funds?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still don't like it.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Managed payments

@commuterops_gmail wrote:

Having trouble with the accounting speak. In plain English, are you saying that there's an option for manual payment controls? Like others mentioned, I don't like ebay helping themselves to my checking account and with the other hand paying me only when they feel like it.

manual payment controls.    By that I mean make payments by "one time payment"  as you go along.  You can not set it for "manual" payments.  You can just do "manual" payments if desired to attempt to avoid automatic debits. As far as I know an automatic payment method is required, but if $0.00 is due then there will be no automatic debit. Your MP checking does not need to be the method of automatic payment.

The thing to avoid if doing a manual payment is  making a payment too close to the due date.   If done too close,  the payment will be taken, and the automated payment that has already been put in motion may also take the payment from the designated source without recognizing that you already paid.

When I started with MP, I left the automatic payment set a PP for a while as I had a second account that was still funding PP.    I have since set up my automatic payment to be from the MP checking. 

I do not have a store, nor have I had any listing fees, so my "invoice" has dropped to $0.00 since the start of FVF's being deducted at the time of sale.

As stated in my earlier post, eBay has not gone to my checking to debit.  I just had the available funds go (-) minus with the purchase of shipping labels when I had no available funds.    They let me "run a tab" against the pending funds until processed. 

minus     funds available.jpg

Message 15 of 22
latest reply