cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed payment placed a hold on my funds 1 day after sold an item.

A buyer purchased a guitar from me on July 4th and paid. I prepared the guitar for shipment and paid and printed out a shipping label. Within 24 hours I received an email for
cancellation and the buyer placed a hold on my funds. I contacted customer service and was bounced within 2 different departments. The CS stated that i should refund the full amount and that this would not be held as a strike against my performance.

First of i paid for a shipping label which now i have to chase to cancel it. Secondly, This has nothing to do with performance metrics or fault on my end as i was fulfilling my obligation.

This is a frustrating exercise with this mangled payment system. I know from other discussions and real life scenarios with sellers, that this payment system is causing chargebacks from the banks for this kind of situation, which is costing small business extra banks fees which of course ebay washes it's holy hands of. Also these long wait times for payment processing is causing cash flow problems with sellers. This hold is another example of the pitfalls of this payment system and lack of complete confidence including my self for payment processing from ebay.
Just another example of EBAY's stance against Small Business and it's total lack of disregard for us.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0