cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payment - Not Paying

I have about 1200.00 Ebay is holding of my money. Today is Wednesday 9/9/20. About 600.00 of that was Sales on Friday 9/4/20. The rest over the weekend. I elect payments to go to my bank account DAILY. So why is it that Ebay has been Piecemealing me MY MONEY??? Today they sent to my bank  130.00 from 2 of my items sold on Friday the 4th. Which I won't receive in my bank until tomorrow.  I have requested they call me today. Call is supposed to be within 1 minute. It is now going on a half hour! Managed Payment is TERRIBLE! I wish I could use PayPal again. With Paypal the minute the person paid you could transfer into your account in minutes.

Look I Love Ebay, & I make a lot of money selling on it BUT...COME ON EBAY you owned Paypal you know how to get the money over faster! YOU GOT TO DO BETTER!

Message 1 of 131
latest reply
130 REPLIES 130

Re: Managed Payment - Not Paying

I had to switch back to paypal label making today as eBay has drained my account for fees of all the sold items since april 27th... but they have not given me any money for any of those sales! This is insane! Almost 9 days of no money for my sold items... but tons of fees!

Message 106 of 131
latest reply

same here for 9 days.

Message 107 of 131
latest reply

I had payouts every tue. but haven't been paid since April 27, 2021. But keep getting fees every day for my constant sales. Had to switch back to paypal to make labels to ship my orders out.!. I think I will delete my listings and/or my store tomorrow as help has no answers about the missing funds... not paid one time since april 27th so put it on daily payouts yesterday... and have had two sales since then and nothing in my account but new fee charges for those sales. I think this place has been hacked again? I am not going to let them keep all of my money and I list and mail out orders every day then end up owing them for all these fees is insane!

Message 108 of 131
latest reply

I agree. Managed payments is a mess

Message 109 of 131
latest reply

@atoz4u wrote:

was ebay hacked again and we are not being told? WHY can't we find out where our sold items money went?

You don't think people have enough to worry about, you had the need to yell FIRE!  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 110 of 131
latest reply

@atoz4u wrote:

I had payouts every tue. but haven't been paid since April 27, 2021. But keep getting fees every day for my constant sales. Had to switch back to paypal to make labels to ship my orders out.!. I think I will delete my listings and/or my store tomorrow as help has no answers about the missing funds... not paid one time since april 27th so put it on daily payouts yesterday... and have had two sales since then and nothing in my account but new fee charges for those sales. I think this place has been hacked again? I am not going to let them keep all of my money and I list and mail out orders every day then end up owing them for all these fees is insane!

Since you are on Weekly Deposits [Tuesdays], it makes perfect sense that you didn't have another deposit until TODAY, as today is Tuesday.  The 27th was last Tuesday.  So you just jumped the gun of moving to Daily payouts as MP was NOT LATE.  Tuesday [Weekly Transfers] happen every Tuesday morning.

All this yelling and stress when the Transfer wasn't even due to move out of your MP account until this morning on a Weekly Deposit.

The fees are 12.55% of your sales.  You said you were also pulling your shipping out of MP before you moved back to doing it out of PP.  So you  have shipping costs coming out too.

Message 111 of 131
latest reply

eBays  Managed Payments  is a broken system SUCKS i have over  $1000 that were never received  over the month of May 2021 . i think there going to a bank off shore 

It time to start a investigation and a class action law suet

Message 112 of 131
latest reply

@mattthecrow wrote:

eBays  Managed Payments  is a broken system SUCKS i have over  $1000 that were never received  over the month of May 2021 . i think there going to a bank off shore 

It time to start a investigation and a class action law suet

EBay likely has you flagged as a new seller or a seller returning to selling after 90+ days away from selling.  When this happens you will likely fall under the policy I have put a link here for you to review.  This link will likely explain to you why your money is held.  I get that you may not agree with it, but it has been a policy on Ebay for quite a few years.  Long before MP came around.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/funds-availability.html

@mattthecrow 

Message 113 of 131
latest reply

I just sold my first item with the new payment system. I got a happy little message from ebay that payment was received and I needed to ship within 2 days.  When I checked my bank account and didn't even see a pending transaction,  I gave ebay a call and informed them I would not be shipping to customers until I received payment for MY item and they should not be telling them otherwise.  Evidently, I am not the only buyer who is refusing to ship before payment and ebay is "working on it".  They asked me to inform the buyer (I already had) and promised to remove any negative feedback I might receive for the shipping delay.  They said it would probably be between 24 and 48 hours (we'll see).  I recommend that nobody ships until the funds are deposited in their accounts and I bet they with will make some changes. 

Message 114 of 131
latest reply

@windswept_75 wrote:

I just sold my first item with the new payment system. I got a happy little message from ebay that payment was received and I needed to ship within 2 days.  When I checked my bank account and didn't even see a pending transaction,  I gave ebay a call and informed them I would not be shipping to customers until I received payment for MY item and they should not be telling them otherwise.  Evidently, I am not the only buyer who is refusing to ship before payment and ebay is "working on it".  They asked me to inform the buyer (I already had) and promised to remove any negative feedback I might receive for the shipping delay.  They said it would probably be between 24 and 48 hours (we'll see).  I recommend that nobody ships until the funds are deposited in their accounts and I bet they with will make some changes. 

@windswept_75 

75.JPG

Message 115 of 131
latest reply

Ebay has hundreds of my dollars.  It's been over a week since they have been 'managing' my payments but refuse to forward to my bank account even though everything is in order and micro payments were confirmed *it's also the same bank account they have had no problem going into to take chargebacks).  They have no explanation.  This is exactly why I was never in favor of this.

Message 116 of 131
latest reply

@gijimbo wrote:

Ebay has hundreds of my dollars.  It's been over a week since they have been 'managing' my payments but refuse to forward to my bank account even though everything is in order and micro payments were confirmed *it's also the same bank account they have had no problem going into to take chargebacks).  They have no explanation.  This is exactly why I was never in favor of this.

They have to have a reason.  It may not make sense to you, but they have to have one.  What exactly have they told you so far?  Was there an email?  What exactly did it say?  Did you call Ebay?

Message 117 of 131
latest reply

Managed payments are a rip off. I'm a small seller and do so to supplement my retirement. Every payment I've gotten has been short.  I keep my own record of sales, shipping and fees and what I should expect my deposit to be and 9 times out of 10 it's short. Last payment was short $10. They also payout piecemeal. I had 3 sales on the same day but haven't received complete payment yet. They really need to fix this. I'm ready to go to Etsy and sell there.

Message 118 of 131
latest reply

@505carole wrote:

Managed payments are a rip off. I'm a small seller and do so to supplement my retirement. Every payment I've gotten has been short.  I keep my own record of sales, shipping and fees and what I should expect my deposit to be and 9 times out of 10 it's short. Last payment was short $10. They also payout piecemeal. I had 3 sales on the same day but haven't received complete payment yet. They really need to fix this. I'm ready to go to Etsy and sell there.

@505carole 

First, Etsy has the same payment system as Ebay, so if you can deal with their payment system, then you should be able to use Ebay's.

There is likely to be something you misunderstand.  You can compare your worksheet to what is actually being deducted from your payments by simply viewing the "All Transaction" report in the Seller Hub under the Payments tab.  All the ins and outs of your account are listed there.

Unless you know for sure that your 3 buyers paid with the same funding source it is difficult to compare them.  Different credit cards can take more time to clear.  For example American Express is likely the card that takes the longest to clear and that is by design of the American Express system.  MP does not have any control over that.

Payments are cleared in 1-2 days, then it moves to Available payout.  On the next business day for those that have their account set up this way the payout will release on the next Business Day.  Once the transfer is released, it goes into the ACH banking system.  MP no longer has ANY control over those funds, the banks are in full control.  The ACH system takes 1-4 days to get your money to your account.  Any slow downs in this process are caused by the banks.  So if you experience this, you need to contact your bank and find out why.

Message 119 of 131
latest reply

I'm very confused with this whole new ebay manged payment process. Can someone maybe help me understand their process. I sell my items in a timely manner, I clearly see the processing amount and then what's available, Now here's where I get lost, the amount that was payed out to my bank account doesn't add up its way less and on some transactions it looks as if I'm not getting paid at all for my items sold. And from my understanding EBAY takes out all  fees owed before the processing amount shown so How in the heck does the amount given is way less once it's in my bank account??? 🤔 very frustrated and Thanks in advance for all that comments to this post!

Message 120 of 131
latest reply