cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was victim of fraud

I was victim of fraud. The seller did not arrange the item even though I paid the money. Please help me how I can get my money back.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I was victim of fraud

Your message is a little short on details.  If you purchased something from an eBay seller and did not receive it within a few days past its last estimated delivery date, you have 30 days to open an item not received case with eBay.

Please, please read eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers.  

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I was victim of fraud

@seijend0 

Go to this link and explain your problem with the seller.  Your question is a bit vague. Perhaps you can expand:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/report-issue-seller

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I was victim of fraud

Thank you for your advice, but sorry I can not access the URL you provided...

Also, the seller does not reply to my message so that is the big problem. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I was victim of fraud

@seijend0 wrote:

Thank you for your advice, but sorry I can not access the URL you provided...

Also, the seller does not reply to my message so that is the big problem. 

If it's past the estimated delivery date, have you opened an Item Not Received case?

Have a great day
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I was victim of fraud

IF you purchased your item from a seller on the eBay site use Claim   processdirected by previous posters.

IF you purchased your item from ANOTHER SELLING site such as craigslist you will want to report the seller and the site s/he is using.

Be aware that eBay is a selling platform and does not have ANYTHING to do with items purchased on other platforms. eBay has no warehouse and does not ship anything to anyone anywhere

Good Luck

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I was victim of fraud

Thank you so much for your advice, but unfortunately the time is over 30days now.

It's impossible before 30 days to make the claim, because the shipping time from UK to Japan normally
over 30 or 60 days by economy ocean shipment.

More detail about this story is as following.

I bought the item on Jan. 26th and the seller told me the item arrives by Feb.17th.

However it was not arrived by the time, then I asked the seller again on Mar. 2nd.

The seller told me as following on Mar. 8th

"The postage label has fallen off in transit so they are going to send it back to me then I ll resend so sorry about this I will send it special delivery so it should arrive a lot quicker. "

I believed the above seller mail and have been waiting for the arrival another one month, but unfortunately

it was not arrived by Apr. 8th.

Then, I asked the seller again, but there is no reply from the seller even though I sent e-mail many times.

Moreover, the seller deceived and really has not shipped the item even though I already paid the money.
This is completely fraudulent and criminal case.

Ebay would have the responsibility, because ebay paid my money to the seller without any 
confirmation the seller who really shipped the item.

How should I get solve this problem and please advise me the idea.
It would be appreciated if you can advise me it.
Thank you.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I was victim of fraud

If you don't receive an item when it's due you go to your purchase history and find the order. You click on more actions and select you didn't get it.

Since your eBay protection has expired you have two options left.

a) if you paid with PayPal file a dispute there.

b) if you paid with a credit card file a chargeback.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I was victim of fraud

You could have opened an item not received case on Feb. 18th.  You had 30 days after the estimated delivery date to open an INR case with eBay.  Obviously, that's expired.  Follow the directions given by others as to opening an INR case with Paypal if that's how you paid, or, last option, do a charge back on your credit card.

If you had educated yourself by reading the MBG, this did not have to go this way.  eBay does not "have the responsibility".  You do.  And you were given the tools to handle this.  

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I was victim of fraud

Thank you for your advice, and I also asked my credit card company in Japan. Now I am waiting for their reply.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I was victim of fraud

Thank you for your reply again,  and what do you mean that "have you opened an Item Not Received case?"

Please advise how I should go it? Thank you!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I was victim of fraud

You messed up by letting then string you along.

I would have opened a case after the last estimated delivery date and got my money back

Message 12 of 12
latest reply