cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal no longer a choice?

I bought items this morning and used Pay Pal.  I just tried to buy an item and Pay Pal isn't even listed as a choice. I have to choose between Google Pay or entering card information. Why?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

It looks like PayPal is down and maybe it is affecting ebay? I bought an item earlier with PayPal also and now can't buy anymore with it. I hope it is fixed.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I'm having the same issue as well. I'm a long time ebayer and a frequent buyer and if PayPal is no longer an option, I will be moving over to Amazon Market Place.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Same! I just used paypal not too long ago, tried to make a purchase today, no paypal as payment method.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I am having the same issue and am not finding any discussion on it anywhere except on this thread. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Same issue--- I bought an item 4/17 with PP... tried to pay today and no option shows

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

same issue here.   unclear if it's down or gone at this point.  seems foolish to eliminate as it's a common and preferred wallet method online.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I asked about this to a PayPal agent in chat and this is what that person said: 

We are actually currently having a site issue wherein PayPal suddenly disappeared and is not showing as an available payment method on our buyers' checkout page, and it seems like you're one of the affected members of the bug.
Sharlyn Mae

We're very sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate your time contacting us about this. Rest assured i'll send your information to our technical team for them to fix yours as well. Please allow us 24-48 hours to resolve this, then your experience will be back to normal
Sharlyn Mae

We really appreciate your time and understanding regarding this matter! We'll make sure to prioritize this, hopefully be fixed before this days ends so sellers won't cancel your orders thinking you're not willing/able to pay
Sharlyn Mae

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Same here.  Guess I won't be shopping here any more...

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

When I opened a chat regarding the missing Paypal option issue, this is what I received as a response:

Yes your correct sir we do have a sudden site problem with paypal which we have already sent a report to our technical team to work on this site issue that we are having with paypal

I know that this is inconvenient on your part. Just to let you know this is a possible site issue on the site so a report will be done on this matter. For the meantime what we can suggest is for you to use a different payment method. Rest assured that this has been reported and forwarded that we are doing our best to resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I noticed the same this evening.  From what I'm reading, Ebay planned on ditching PayPal for quite some time. If this is permanent and not just a glitch , I'll be ditching Ebay. I'm sure many will. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

It is a Paypal glitch that they are working on

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I guess ebay WANTS to get rid of half its customers...?

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Maybe Elon Musk just made ebay an offer they couldn't refuse...?   🙂

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Today's problem was between the Ebay / PayPal link.  The problem has now been resolved, so everything should be functioning normally for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 15 of 16
latest reply