cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change payout method from bank to PayPal.

Hello,

A few months ago ebay was sending me emails about changing the payout method. So i made the changes and it went from payments being made to PayPal to now being paid directly into the bank. The issue i have with this is when ebay pay money in to the bank there is no info attached to it like there was with PayPal so it makes it extremely difficult to manage.

What i would like to know is if there is a way to change it back so that the Payouts once again go to paypal? I have looked on the seller page and the only thing i can see on there is to change the bank account so it goes to a different one but no option to change the method.

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Change payout method from bank to PayPal.

Mercari and Etsy 😉

Message 16 of 53
latest reply

@dane1397 wrote:

Mercari and Etsy 😉

Both of which have their own money processing programs too.  So you have to sign up for that to sell on those sites.

@thankyoulink 

@dane1397 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 53
latest reply

No sh*t. Ebay must be hard up for money so they trick you into how great it is to get payments straight thru ebay and they deduct seller fees from each sale and you dont have to worry about monthly fees and you get a $15 coupon....which i havent seen yet. i feel trapped. my family relies on this money and its taking between 2 and 5 business days to get money from a single sale. i. hate. it. such bullsh*t that you cant switch back to paypal. I've been screenshotting my payout screen b.c they have been switching the dates of sales amd dates of payouts. its ridiculous. eBay, you're being ridiculous and greedy. how can a company thsis big need money that bad that youre taking it out of my pocket when income problems are through the roof right now bc of covid-19. real good time to ask sellers for more money. you do need to hear us. EVERY ONE ive talked to hates this new way of getting payments. how can you not allow sellers to switch back to paypal???!!  I feel like thats borderline illegal. if i was friends with a lawyer, I'd have them look into that. this sucks.

Message 18 of 53
latest reply

look at other people complain about this , ebay definitely charges more... 

Message 19 of 53
latest reply

@hbshoe wrote:

look at other people complain about this , ebay definitely charges more... 

@hbshoe 

FVFs in MP are NOT higher!  You are right, some do say that but that doesn't make them correct.  It simply means they don't understand the structure of the Simplified Fee charged in MP.

37.JPG

Message 20 of 53
latest reply

I signed up for an online checking account that has no fees. I'm using it to flush the funds through to my regular accounts at my brick and mortar bank.

Message 21 of 53
latest reply

eBay is getting greedy now.  What a shame!

Message 22 of 53
latest reply

There'll be definitely a lawsuit against eBay in the future and that will bankrupt or force eBay out of business. 

Message 23 of 53
latest reply

@all4less2001 wrote:

There'll be definitely a lawsuit against eBay in the future and that will bankrupt or force eBay out of business. 

Maybe there will be a lawsuit as there have been many off and on over the years for all kinds of different reasons.  Some Ebay won some they didn't.  I have no idea why you think this will "bankrupt" Ebay.  You have offered no proof that this is so or that it is of such a size to cause this issue.  

Absolutely some sellers are having issues with MP.  There is no doubt of that.  But that doesn't mean the majority of sellers are having issues with MP.  But that doesn't take away from the importance of the problems some seller are experiencing.  I just think you are of the opinion the problem is of such a large scale when we have no information to support that.

You also stated "eBay is getting greedy now.  What a shame!"  Which is also an interesting statement.  Ebay is and has always been a for profit corporation.  They aren't a charity or non profit.  To earn money is equal to "greedy".  If that were to be true, then every single seller on Ebay would also be "greedy" as we are ALL here to make a profit.  Otherwise why do all this work.  Being paid for the product or services that various people / companies provide is how everything works.  So I guess we are ALL "greedy".

Message 24 of 53
latest reply

I talked to Ebay about this on Tuesday, I felt like I was being sold on changes so I asked for my account to be closed. I was told to wait 30 days and then log in and close account, that did not make sense to me so I removed my payment info and told them that I was done. 

Message 25 of 53
latest reply

@doueva0 wrote:

I talked to Ebay about this on Tuesday, I felt like I was being sold on changes so I asked for my account to be closed. I was told to wait 30 days and then log in and close account, that did not make sense to me so I removed my payment info and told them that I was done. 

@doueva0 

It has always been part of Ebay's policy for members.  They don't allow an account to get actually closed down until at least 60 days AFTER the last transaction.  This gives buyers time to file a claim if they need to and/or leave FB if they want to.  It is a good policy for them to have or sellers could come here sell a bunch of stuff and then just disappear.

Message 26 of 53
latest reply

It was a good run with eBay for the past 17 years, but all things come to an end.

I use PayPal as the umbrella over all my bank accounts, credit union, money management account, and a stack of credit cards. I accept money, I pay rents, workers, employees, and everything I can with PayPal. PayPal is the ultimate financial power tool that insulates the world from your personal information. PayPal's fees are minimal and I'm happy to pay them for their service.

So no, I'm not giving any banking information to an upstart company in Europe that will be managing this for eBay.  I'll delete my auctions and close my store.

I'm sure there are other US-based platforms and if there aren't, this move will certainly motivate the creation of alternative platforms to compete with eBay.

Message 27 of 53
latest reply

ever since i change payment option from paypal tp ebay they are cutting so much money from my sales like last week i sold two cardigans for 67£ and they cut 8.63 from my payments and after that inhave to post it from my money as well which is like 4£ appx . new method is just **bleep** i am trying to change it to previous method but i cant. i am so **bleep** off right now 

Message 28 of 53
latest reply

When I sell something for $180.00 I went from paying $6.00 paypal fee to a $25.35 ebay fee! 😮 Wish I wouldn't have signed up! They said for most people cutting out paypal would actually save us money! B.S.! Don't do it!

Message 29 of 53
latest reply

@ironhorseheadbrand wrote:

When I sell something for $180.00 I went from paying $6.00 paypal fee to a $25.35 ebay fee! 😮 Wish I wouldn't have signed up! They said for most people cutting out paypal would actually save us money! B.S.! Don't do it!

@ironhorseheadbrand 

Well Ebay didn't suddenly forgive FVFs when we join MP.  You still have to pay them, not just money processing fees.

Before going into MP

$180 x 2.9% PP fees = 5.22 + .30 transaction fee = 5.52

180 x 10% FVF = 18.00

Total fees 23.52

After entering MP

180 X 12.35% = 22.23 + .30 transaction fee = 22.53

37.JPG

Message 30 of 53
latest reply