cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change payout method from bank to PayPal.

Hello,

A few months ago ebay was sending me emails about changing the payout method. So i made the changes and it went from payments being made to PayPal to now being paid directly into the bank. The issue i have with this is when ebay pay money in to the bank there is no info attached to it like there was with PayPal so it makes it extremely difficult to manage.

What i would like to know is if there is a way to change it back so that the Payouts once again go to paypal? I have looked on the seller page and the only thing i can see on there is to change the bank account so it goes to a different one but no option to change the method.

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

If you are in Managed Payments your only option is a bank account. 

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 53
latest reply

I agree

What a mess

Once again eBay has no clue accept how too take more $$ from sellers.

Oh and don't forget about there awesome customer service.👎

Message 3 of 53
latest reply

@tdumonde2014 wrote:

They should already have a bank account.

My ID's and PayPal are attached to 2 small credit limit CC's and a straight Passbook savings account that is also kept with only a small balance. It isn't even at a bank where I keep my real savings and houshold checking account. A little extra leg work but no way can any problem with eBay or PayPal jeopardize my money needed for my household.

Message 4 of 53
latest reply

@lja440 wrote:

@tdumonde2014 wrote:

My ID's and PayPal are attached to 2 small credit limit CC's and a straight Passbook savings account that is also kept with only a small balance. It isn't even at a bank where I keep my real savings and houshold checking account. A little extra leg work but no way can any problem with eBay or PayPal jeopardize my money needed for my household.

You won't be able to use that savings account for your Managed Payments when you get pulled in. I also have my PayPal ties to a credit union savings account but that won't work when I get invited to MP so I'm currently looking for a new checking account at a new bank (not easy in my small rural town as not many choices).

Message 5 of 53
latest reply

I wouldn’t call it an invitation as those you can decline. I’m not sure why I’m required as I’m a relatively small seller. I have a problem with them deducting fees BEFORE payment. Also PP can transfer $ immediately and it appears EBAY won’t. Sadly my bank account can get very low and I see this change costing me in overdrafts. This should be an option. Also do they require a SS#? Not comfortable with that. 

Message 6 of 53
latest reply

You gave your SS# to PayPal, as all of us did. You were comfortable with that.

Message 7 of 53
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you sell on eBay, no matter how much, big or small, you must switch to Managed Payments and there is no going back.

The whole deal is about eBay and PayPal splitting the sheets. You may keep your PayPal account, but it will no longer be tied to or have anything to do with eBay.

Message 8 of 53
latest reply

@c21hygiene wrote:

Hello,

A few months ago ebay was sending me emails about changing the payout method. So i made the changes and it went from payments being made to PayPal to now being paid directly into the bank. The issue i have with this is when ebay pay money in to the bank there is no info attached to it like there was with PayPal so it makes it extremely difficult to manage.

What i would like to know is if there is a way to change it back so that the Payouts once again go to paypal? I have looked on the seller page and the only thing i can see on there is to change the bank account so it goes to a different one but no option to change the method.

If you want to see which transactions were included in the payout to your bank go to Seller Hub>Payments and click on Payouts over on the left hand menu.  Once you are on the Payouts page you will see the Payout ID number in blue, click on that number and it will open to show you all of the transactions included with that specific payout.

Message 9 of 53
latest reply

@lja440 wrote:

@tdumonde2014 wrote:

I honestly can't believe how many people seem to think that keeping large amounts of money in PayPal is a good idea. PayPal has NO protection if your PayPal account gets hacked or frozen-- that money is gone and they won't help you get it back.

I never keep a PayPal balance above $50; my money all gets transferred right into my bank account where it will actually be protected.

Message 10 of 53
latest reply

They don't want to change it back,  this is the way ebay charge seller more fees, from 10% to 17%, before PayPal take 3.5%! I thought ebay try to avoid third party,  what a surprise, ebay just take this changes to charge seller more fees!   

Message 11 of 53
latest reply

I'm not in managed payments yet, but I thought it was less than the 13% I'm paying now (10% ebay + 2.9%paypal + .30paypal per transaction).

Message 12 of 53
latest reply

I’m having so many problems as well. When it went to PayPal I’d see and get notified the money is there. I’ve had som many upset customers because I couldn’t see the payment in my account and have to sent it before it’s in my account. It Once took 10 days from the time of the sale til it got in my account. So I then switched everything to a different account bank account and same thing happens. It’s never instant like it was with PayPal. I’m so sorry I’ve made this error but I was forced into it. They weren’t letting me list any longer so I had to switch. I should of cancelled my account rather then let them bully me like they did. I’m so disappointed in eBay. There fees and invoices are threw the roof and there service is so bad. Problem is they have the customers and my items sell the fastest with eBay so I’m screwed. Please eBay hear us and be better to all your sellers!  Time to boycott eBay!,,,

Message 13 of 53
latest reply

Go to your Seller Hub

Click on the Payment Tab

on the left you will see various section.  Click on  Payouts.

Under this section you will find your Payout detail reports.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 14 of 53
latest reply

this is trash, no longer going to be selling on ebay.  

Message 15 of 53
latest reply