cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25 year outstanding member - funds held for no reason but supposedly a managed payment glitch.

25 year outstanding member - funds held for no reason but supposedly a managed payment glitch.

I've spoke to 3 overseas representatives in the last two days and I can't get a straight answer other than there is a glitch in the payment system. There is absolutely no information that I left out or needs updating. There is absolutely no information that is wrong and I've been with eBay for 25 years with stellar performance no issues. Suddenly out of the blue they're holding my funds. With all the commissions being charged we hardly make anything on selling on eBay anymore and what we do make we have to pay out to our clients. This is making it rough for us to list any more items. I hope a  rep from eBay reads this.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: 25 year outstanding member - funds held for no reason but supposedly a managed payment glitch.

@qualityestatesale wrote:

I've spoke to 3 overseas representatives in the last two days and I can't get a straight answer other than there is a glitch in the payment system. There is absolutely no information that I left out or needs updating. There is absolutely no information that is wrong and I've been with eBay for 25 years with stellar performance no issues. Suddenly out of the blue they're holding my funds. With all the commissions being charged we hardly make anything on selling on eBay anymore and what we do make we have to pay out to our clients. This is making it rough for us to list any more items. I hope a  rep from eBay reads this.

I've never had the problem of getting paid on the schedule I chose. Maybe this eBay link will help>

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-sold-?id=4814

If not,

Click on the 'help & contact’ button located at the top and bottom of ebay pages and follow the prompts

AND-OR

On chat: type in ’agent’ to get a live person instead of a bot

AND-OR

Click on receive a call back: depending on how busy they are will depend on length of time for your call back

Make sure your phone will not block the call back

AND-OR

You can contact eBay via social media with a private message:

https://Facebook.com/ebay

AND-OR

https://Twitter.com/askebay

Great customer service reps on these social media sites

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Re: 25 year outstanding member - funds held for no reason but supposedly a managed payment glitch.

I appreciate some of the help but I'm tired of seeing the "I've never had any issues... try this link" crowd. To answer the question with what's going on, there is a glitch and eBay is aware of it but doesn't know when and how to fix it. I couldn't even list a credit card for payment method last night but all of a sudden I can.

But in general I am STILL having trouble with linking a bank account with MP. Ebay won't even let you connect with Chime at this time and nobody knows why. 

So yes there is a big bug and glitch going on. I have around $30 bucks on hold as well because I can't get ebay to link with any of my bank accounts that I provide to their system (no matter what bank account I use). 

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Its not a glitch in the system, just more misinformation from csr's who are scripted. Your funds are being held because you are a very infrequent seller. Looks like, until your recent sale, your last sale was in March. Ebay is treating you as a new seller, and prefers, with Ebays 30 day MBG, that any refunds come out of your pocket, not theirs. Its immaterial how long you've been a member.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

@futuristicgains  anyone no matter how long on eBay who has not had regular sales for 90 days is considered a "new" seller and has holds on there account.

Most everyone who comes and CS said there is a glitch has been in this group.

New or returning sellers with under 90 days of current sales.

Im not saying you are in this group but I do know CS is not great at being reliable with reasons for things happening.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Looks like you are also a very infrequent seller whose last sale was a year ago.Your funds will be held too.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@klhmdg Whether they treat me as a new seller or not or no matter how long ago my sales was....

They can't advertise and force people to sign up for MP just to not accept any bank information. Even a year ago when I was putting my info in, I was still running into the same issues and NOW I am pretty fed up. 

So what you're saying is, that after 30 days, eBay is magickly gonna accept bank information after that time frame or what? Doesn't make any sense to me. 

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Furthermore, my statement on there being a glitch in the system isn't me being reliant on what some guy overseas said from a cue card. There's evidence of it if people complain about the same stuff in the forums whether they're active or inactive on eBay. They couldn't even add or accept my debit card for me to purchase items on eBay last night but all of a sudden today, they can add it with no problems. Why is that? You can't tell me the software in the system isn't a hot mess right now. 

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

The phone reps do not work for eBay. Even those who speak only English work for a subcontractor.

You need the Chat reps, who are trained and paid by eBay.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

And these Boards are only haunted by members like yourself.

EBay messed up two of my iDs in the process of setting up Managed Payments but the social media were (eventually) able to clear things up.

You may have to present alternate identification. I used my passport. DH used his driving license.

Some use the micro-payments.

When the (two entirely different) problems were cleared up, the Held payments were transferred immediately.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Don't count on anything being done. Ebay could care less about the seller. I have been a customer for 20 years and I have had recent issues with Ebay and a return the granted to a buyer for an item I sold. Asking Ebay to step in and help you would think means that Ebay would look into the case by either looking at the information in the listing or information discussed between the buyer and myself. But no, I was wrong, when I clicked the link and asked Ebay to step in and help it closed the case against me and they decided in favor of the buyer. I have been trying to get Ebay to look into this ever since then for the past 2 months and even spoke with several supervisors in the process and they just don't care. Customer service with Ebay is the worst of any company I've ever dealt with its only good customer service if it benefits Ebay. I have been without work for 2 years now sold a very valuable item for $1300 just to pay bills and the buyer claimed it was fake. and Ebay with their return policy even if the buyer doesn't submit anything at all to back their claim Ebay will take their word for it. The money I made for this item I used to pay my bills as a result I have been charged over $200 in insufficient funds fees from my bank from the 7 times Ebay has tried to debit my account. Trying to get someone from Ebay to actually look at the claim against me and the information in the listing they just don't care. I was even told By Ronnie a supervisor that they don't investigate claims when the seller asks Ebay to step in and help. So, it begs the question why does Ebay offer the link to Ask Ebay to Step in and help when all it does is put the case on hold to wait for the seller to send the buyer a shipping label. Ebay literally has become one of the biggest criminal companies in the industry. Ebay doesn't care about their sellers, only if people are buying. that's why they also lied about the fees when they parted ways with Paypal.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Treating somebody with 25 years with no issues like a new seller is absolutely asinine. With the age of Covid and people getting ill I’m sure it’s expected to have a lengthy time out. Wait till the recession hits. 

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

I’m gonna tonchime in for my grandmother who owns this business she’s very elderly and extremely ill battle cancer twice in five years but we have had listings on eBay but the problem is the reason the sales are far apart is nobody’s buying anything we have very reasonable prices on items. I have a friend who is on a competitor site and they have had zero issues in three years even with returns zero issues very smooth and payments come fast but somehow eBay is changed everything now it’s become very difficult because I think times are bad and cash flow is slow . My grandmother is a very hard-working person but she can’t help it if nobody’s buying anything it’s very unfair to treat her like a new seller. 

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

It may be unfair, but Ebay has never been known for their fair treatment of sellers.No surprise there.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

I certainly understand your resentment, as a twenty five year member. But Ebay only looks at seller feedback, of which you have slightly over three hundred,which is not a huge amount for a 25 year member. Unfortunately, a sense of entitlement as a long time member is not taken into consideration. Also true that many buyers dont leave feedbacks, but trust me, Ebay is very aware of your number of sales,and when they occurred, and considers you a new seller.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Mamn, we only have over 800 not 300 and the reason being as a 1997 my grandmother was hacked she has been on eBay for two years earlier, and had over 1600 but just like then they did not know how to merge the accounts and could not transfer the feedback she had to close her old account and re-open a new account so please don’t chime in on something you don’t know because it does hurt she’s sitting here crying her eyeballs out my grandmother does not deserve this is the first time she’s been involved in something bad on social media and I’m going to protect her from this I’m not even going to let her read these comments anymore .

Message 15 of 23
latest reply