cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replies to feedback not shown in app

Why aren’t feedback replies shown in the app? As more people use phone apps to browse and buy on eBay. Feedback is important to buyers however it is equally important to sellers and any negative feedback is likely followed up with a reply which cannot be seen in the app.   I had a bad experience with a buyer recently who left false statements in their feedback (I appealed with proof eBay said no to deletion, but that’s a story for another day). Alas, my reply to this feedback is important to renew confidence in buyers but it can’t be seen in the app only on the desktop site

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Replies to feedback not shown in app

100% agree. Recently had a very unpleasant buyer. My partner had a severe stroke after an accident, which obviously held us back on getting the item posted. Sadly my partner didn't survive. This was still not good enough for the buyer or even ebay. Ebay said wasn't a satisfactory reason to request feedback deletion. 

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Agree 100%. It is Ebay's site so they do what they want. They forget who pays their bills. It is totally unfair to not post the reply from a seller. Remember, there are always two sides to a story. Ebay does not post replys on android. If they can post a negative they should always post the reply. But, they have forgotten the seller.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

The same thing just happened to me and I also can't see the reply, I don't know if my buyers can see the reply either, it's extremely frustrating

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Why aren’t feedback replies shown in the app?

YEP! I've just noticed that too when checking out eBay listings on my android phone. NO seller replies to neutral, negative FBs. Total different animal than the windows PC lappy.  

Also, the description to the listing on the phone opens a window that looks like looking at a magnifying glass that you have to scroll up, down, sideways. Plus, I don't even see if the listings have any extended handling time like 4 or more days like I do on my PC.

Is it any wonder many sellers have INAD or late delivery returns???

I'm glad I'm going to retire from this broken platform this month after 24 years of selling.  I know it's eBay's platform and they are free to make the rules like in all businesses.  If you've noticed that you have a lot less freedom to interact with buyers, no more seeing the sold history of sellers, etc, etc.  You get less, but pay MORE on GREEDbay.  The fun is gone for BOTH selling and buying here on this greedy shady platform.  I've noticed recently that up to 12.4% PL fee is recommended on some items on top of the final fee, that's around 26% cut to GREEDbay, way way more than 10% to the Big Guy. Dang! 🤔

ZZZZ_245.JPG

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

I totally agree! Very angry about an outrageous lie posted on my feedback, did everything I could to help a buyer who claims that something that was signed for wasn't signed for by them and they haven't got it. My response doesn't show in the app, which most users see!

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

Its pretty crazy that as of Oct 2023 this is still not fixed. More people than ever use mobile apps instead of browser on their computer, and buyers are able to smear a seller without any ability for others to see a response to the claims. 

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Also agree. I have the same issue buyer was unsatisfied and wanted a partial refund so i offered him a full refund including shipping apoun return of item and he left negative feedback. I asked ebay for removal of feedback but they denied and said it will not harm you that we now have a reply option for you to explain your side of the story. So i replied my story and what do you know nobody can see it.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

I totally agree, I recently had a buyer purchase something from me. Claimed it arrived damaged, and the pics sent back to me of the "item sent" literally look like someone took a knife to the item in fact! No way it could have happened in transport and with the amount of bubble wrap and peanuts inside box too. I still offered a refund to the buyer, and they took it and still left the most untrue and literally malicious feedback imaginable (and also my very first negative review EVER).    I REPLIED BACK with the truth of the matter, after Ebay representative stated they would erase it, and yet never did! Which is messed up in and of itself. But regardless, the response by me with the actual facts of it all, sure would be nice for other potential buyers to see!  Otherwise will only have one vindictive, scam, and unfair of a persons side to an incident that I clearly did what I could for them, gave them their money back fully right away, and they still went and slandered my account with this atrocious feedback!! 

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply