cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ads auto-translation sucks! Please let us turn it off!

Hi!

I understand that the world does not always speaks english... it's cool to translate the app but auto-translate the ads is a horrible decision!

My native language is Portuguese but with automatic translation the ads titles are 100% messed up and much more difficult to understand! Even to non-english speaking people!

If you won't believe me, at least let us turn it off! I found out that with automatic translation my search results display less than 20% of the really available items!! It sucks!!!

Maybe you guys don't have the time or resources to do this... maybe there is that guy in a position of power that refuses to accept it but believe me, it seems really straightforward to do and LOTS of sellers and buyers would love it.

Thanks a lot!

Gustavo Parrini 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Ads auto-translation sucks! Please let us turn it off!

@gustavoparrini @afonso_loureironospam @torchman72 @gramophone-georg @ekbustad 

We have now added a switch to turn off these translations. If you update your app today and check under settings there should be a translation option.

Thank you

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Spoiler
We have now added a switch to turn off these translations. If you update your app today and check under settings there should be a translation option.

App?  What app?   I access eBay through a web browser, not an app.   And I don't see any translation option on the eBay web site.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Amazing. Instead of turning the **bleep** thing off ( it's been more than three years now) eBay's programming geniuses want the general public that does not want this feature to work for them for free, by looking for and reporting why it does not work. This is what I call being dog clever.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 19 of 19
latest reply