cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listings Campaign Management & Guidance Improvements

We’ve made some improvements to how you manage your Promoted Listings campaigns, such as improved item recommendations and a new dashboard. 

You can read more about this change here, and leave any questions below so our experts can review. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Promoted Listings Campaign Management & Guidance Improvements

I can find no details on this: "promoted listings credit removal"?

Is the PL credit being removed, or is it not?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Very confusing.  Gives the impression that credits we currently receive for promoted listings are being ended.  

The link took me to info about substandard sellers will be denied use of the tool.

Some clarification is definitely needed.   

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques @b86fiero - The Promoted listings credit removal should not have been included.

There is no impact to the PL credits. 

Thanks for selling on eBay.

Brian

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@b86fiero - See my above post. Thanks

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Why has the fall update information not been sent out to all sellers through eBay messages. We should not have to stumble upon the link in the community forums.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Brian, Thanks for the info, very glad to hear it. The "credit removal" statement appears in at least three places, and should be removed to avoid more confusion. 

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2020-fall/index.html

(Last item under "Listing and Promoting")

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/timeline.html

(In "September")

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Listing-Promoting-Items/bd-p/Listing_and_Promoting_Items

(On the right side, under "About the Topic")

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Brian, Thanks for the info, very glad to hear it. The "credit removal" statement appears in at least three places, and should be removed to avoid more confusion. 

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2020-fall/index.html

(Last item under "Listing and Promoting")

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/timeline.html

(In "September")

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Listing-Promoting-Items/bd-p/Listing_and_Promoting_Items

(On the right side, under "About the Topic")

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques thanks for letting us know! We've updated some of these and are working on getting the rest taken care of 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@3eyedfishcatcher wrote:

Why has the fall update information not been sent out to all sellers through eBay messages. We should not have to stumble upon the link in the community forums.

@3eyedfishcatcher  We send emails and messages through eBay messages to over 1 million sellers. We don't send emails to all sellers. The exception is the User Agreement changes since it is a legal change.

If you regularly sell, make sure you have not turned off marketing messages (I didn't check you account) and remember as we send 1 million messages it can take throughout much of the day for them to show in all sellers email and messages.

One last tip, on the Announcements page you can subscribe by clicking on the three dots next to the word "options" - you can subscribe to a specific article or the announcements. If you subscribe you will receive notifications as well.

Thanks for selling on eBay. 

Brian 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Normally I get these updates through the eBay messages from eBay perhaps it is running late. I was only pointing out that they did not appear to go out and rather than rely on users finding this information in the forum it would be good to send the update message as you usually do. Also I never said they should be sent out through email and only mentioned eBay messages in my reply. 

Thanks for posting the updates in the forum and one again I was not upset just merely pointing out that they appear to not have been sent though eBay messages and perhaps it would be good to send them out so all sellers could be aware and informed.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

LOL just the update message through eBay messages.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

brian_burke@ebay  brian@ebay  

questions, where are the supposed "tools" we are suppose to have to help manage and optimize PL? I was on phone with sales team and they said we are suppose to have a tool that helps optimize things like key words, but on the Promoted Listings Manager link there is no such tool or any tools at all, all it is a compiled list of listings that are promoted with option box to change the percent elected or use the slide bar. The sales rep said they were not giving any information just like sellers and have no idea where we find these so called optimization tools or if ebay simply said they we have but haven't actually given to us yet??? 

next question, I would to see how ebay is coming up with these new "suggested" rates on items for promotion. Meaning the actual data on sales of THAT item to justify the "suggested" PL rate. Because I deal in music > vinyl and been for over 20 years and I can tell you right now a lot of the rates being suggested are insanely high 8% - 9% - 12%??? on a vinyl??? Common, you have to joking! Terra peak is the tool ebay is using to determine these suggested rates then for the genres I deal in in metal category they are certainly way off because the past sales data either doesn't exist for band/title/format or there are way to few of them to justify such a high suggestion percentage. 

Does it not make more sense that for particular categories that don't sell really high price items to have a more reasonable approach, such as items selling for under $100 have a elected percentage cap of 5% maximum. Ebay still makes millions in extra unneeded fees and your not forcing sellers to raise their prices to the point no one buys and the buyers just laugh and leave ebay all together and/or more sellers just close up shop?  

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply