cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board Change or am I nuts?

This thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Calculated-Shipping-Location-Cost-Discrepancy/m-p/28146109#M11...

accepted solutions are now shown under the question...... @partial*eclipse   certainly had a good solution, but I've never noticed the solution moved to the top of other posts........

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

It started last week I think.
It’s under the question and also in the thread, so the solution shows twice.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49wrote:
It started last week I think.
It’s under the question and also in the thread, so the solution shows twice.

When I saw it last week I thought to myself "has this always been like this and I never noticed it" but it is something new and I will register my opinion ...

I do not like it one bit ... it is beyond annoying.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Community-Platform-Feedback/Solution/td-p/27935172/jump-to/first-unrea...

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

I agree, it's annoying and (for me, at least) confusing.

I'd rather see a link at the top for "Go to selected solution."

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

It's weird. I prefer to read responses in chronological order, first to last.

Showing the "accepted solution" first is like a spoiler.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

"No Sir, I don't like it."

(Bonus points to anyone who knows where that is from without googling 🙂
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

You are right, started very recently.

I think it is great!  Very logical and makes sense.  You see the question, then it goes right to the solution or answer.  No more wasted scrolling to try to find the post that was selected as the answer.  It doesn't disrupt flow.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Ren and Stimpy but save the bonus points.   Google was my friend!  I would NEVER have got that without it!  Never watched that show.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

@castlemagicmemorieswrote:

I think it is great!  Very logical and makes sense.  You see the question, then it goes right to the solution or answer.  No more wasted scrolling to try to find the post that was selected as the answer.  It doesn't disrupt flow.

But sometimes the solution or answer is the wrong answer. Then someone who reads the original OP's post and then reads the wrong solution/answer is going to think just because it was checked green and highlighted green then it must be true when sometimes it is not. They may not even take the time to read the rest of the thread because the question has been resolved (even if the resolution is incorrect).

Also, if you are the OP and then post again can you choose your own second post as the solution/answer when in fact you don't know what you are talking about at all?

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Yep.
Wrong answers chosen as the solution, and presented as the "handed down from on high" second post, which promotes laziness on the part of readers, and is wrong because the lazy reader then doesn't get the context of the answer in many cases.

In very few cases, where a simple question is asked, it works. Most others, it breaks the flow and the context, and the solution isn't usually really what would be labeled a solution (or even correct info).

I find it hilarious when there are 3 posts in a thread: the OP, the floated solution, and the post that is the solution right under it.
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@readabouthorseswrote:

But sometimes the solution or answer is the wrong answer. Then someone who reads the original OP's post and then reads the wrong solution/answer is going to think just because it was checked green and highlighted green then it must be true when sometimes it is not. They may not even take the time to read the rest of the thread because the question has been resolved (even if the resolution is incorrect).

Also, if you are the OP and then post again can you choose your own second post as the solution/answer when in fact you don't know what you are talking about at all?

You are right but there is no mechanism in place to evaluate what post is the correct answer, except by having the OP do so.  As for your concern about the wrong one being chosen and others will think it is right, again, there isn't anything to be done about that, but it would be like calling CS and getting a wrong answer.  

And yes, the OP can choose their posts as the answer and frequently do whether it is or not.  I think they like having a solution credit!Smiley Happy  Maybe they get tired of the thread and think choosing a solution will get them out of it.  

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@readabouthorseswrote:

Actually that risk existed even before the solution was moved to the top and highlighted green.  OPs would mark the wrong solution or even their own OP or a post where they simply provided more info on their issue.  So that is nothing new, and there is no way around that as there is no option for other posters to choose or even verify the solution.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I wish we had the ability to turn off the green checkmarks and green highlights like we can the helpfuls and signatures. When I'm looking down a list of posts in a thread the green interrupts my train of thought sometimes. Most of the time I find the things marked as Solutions are not the solution. LOL

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

These three CSS rules plugged into the Firefox Stylish addon or added to a Firefox usercontent.css file disappear the green background highlight, green checkmark preceding topic, and green checkmark/triangle in upper right corner of topic block respectively.

@-moz-document url-prefix('https://community.ebay.com/t5/'){
/* Kill green background highlight */ body#lia-body.lia-body>div.lia-page>center>div.MinimumWidthContainer>
div.min-width-wrapper>div.min-width>div.lia-content>div.lia-quilt>
div.lia-quilt-row-main>div.lia-quilt-column-main-content>
div.lia-quilt-column-alley-left>div#messageList>div.t-data-grid.thread-list>
table.lia-list-slim>tbody>tr.lia-list-row-thread-solved {background-color:#ffffff !important;} /* Kill green checkmark before subject on left */ body#lia-body.lia-body>div.lia-page>center>div.MinimumWidthContainer>
table.lia-list-slim>tbody>tr.lia-list-row-thread-solved>td.cThreadInfoColumn>
div.block-messages-wrapper>div.message-blocks-community>div.message-block-body>
div.message-block-subject-date>div.subject>a.message-solved:before {display:none !important;} /* Kill green triangle checkmark in upper right corner */ body#lia-body.lia-body>div.lia-page>center>div.MinimumWidthContainer>
table.lia-list-slim>tbody>tr.lia-list-row-thread-solved>
td.triangletop.lia-data-cell-secondary.lia-data-cell-icon {display:none !important;} }

Message 15 of 25
latest reply