Collectibles & Art
Treasure hunters —you’ve come to the right place. Check out tips for buying and selling the classics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How to get help on the Collectibles and Arts board

Everyone here is a volunteer. All are eBay users, buyers and sellers, willing to give time and energy to help one another. The information provided helps sellers make more money, helps buyers make better choices, and helps collectors better appreciat...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 17 replies
  • 71 helpful

Folding Mahogany Triple Mirror - Travel, portable, ship?

Hello. I have an exotic mahogany framed triple mirror. I had guessed that it was a portable travel mirror, but it really is very heavy for that purpose. The wood grain & color is beautiful, and there is no damage to this solid piece. The center mirro...

Can anyone help me identify this painting and artist signature? Thanks

Can anyone help me identify this painting and artist signature? I have tried forever to figure this signature out. I thought it might be Gibbons as in Michael Gibbons and contacted him to see but he is very uppity person and was rude and would not sa...

Resolved! How do I remove cloudy residue from crystal?

I have a beautiful antique crystal punch bowl that has a cloudy bottom. I've tried vinergar, acetone, lime away but nothing has worked. Is there a way to polish the glass professionally?

User avatar by Scout
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help Identify Rug

Hi I am trying to figure out if this vintage rug is Native American or another ethnic group. It is around 67 inches long and 43 inches wide. Has fading and some spots of wear. Just needing help to figure out design and if it is a possible Native Amer...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Help ID Cast Iron Oriental Dragon Tray

I bought this interesting Cast Iron Tray, measuring 14 1/4" x 8 1/4" x 1 1/2" with Dragons around rim and some type of Oriental Calligraphy. There is a square mark on back. Please let me know where made (Japan?) or other info. Thanks.

IMG_3512.jpg IMG_3515.JPG IMG_3514.jpg

Cast Iron Oriental Dragon Tray w/ Calligraphy Japan?

I bought this interesting Cast Iron Tray, measuring 14 1/4" x 8 1/4" x 1 1/2" with Dragons around rim and some type of Oriental Calligraphy. There is a square mark on back. Please let me know where made (Japan?) or other info. Thanks.

IMG_3514.jpg IMG_3515.JPG IMG_3512.jpg

Brass from Italy

It is all brass except bottom. Has an R B on the spout. I found that a co. in Italy that makes them fittings. Any idea the maker and age?

Dating an old Asian figurine?

Hello. Does anyone have experience dating old metal castings or bronze? I suppose I could send a piece for carbon dating, but i'd rather not spend the money...Pictures below.

P4204897rat1.jpg
Most Marked as Helpful Authors