cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Identifying artwork and frame

Can anyone help me identify this particular piece of artwork, including the artist, date, and potential value. Also, any inforamion on the frame woquld also be whelpful! Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Help Identifying artwork and frame

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a print or an original painting? Any signature? Could we see the back?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The frame is a fairly traditional design and may date from the 1920's or so.  To my eye, the frame and the picture are not compatible,  but that's me.  It's hard to tell if you have a print or a painting.   I can't tell if there is a signature, but if so, you should post a close up of it. 

Rita

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

The bluishness is typical of faded photo-offset but, really, I just can't tell from the photos what it is -- reproduction on paper, painting on canvas, what..?   Sorry.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Yep ... looks like a faded print.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yes, take some better close ups.. If a real painting, it a stretched canvas or on board? Take a picture of one of the corners on the back. Any writing on the back? Take a picure. Any labels on the back? Take a picture.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Appears to be a decorative textured print.

Debora

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

It is a print, no doubt about that. I was just curious if the print was from a recognized painting. Thank you so much. What leads you to believe the frame is that old?
Message 8 of 8
latest reply