cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usps tracking shows delivered today but it's not here. do i have any recourse?

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: usps tracking shows delivered today but it's not here. do i have any recourse?

@moonmull 

Contact your PO and find out where it was delivered.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Re: usps tracking shows delivered today but it's not here. do i have any recourse?

Does anyone else live in your house?  if so, have you checked with them 

Also check with your neighbors to see if they got a package for you by mistake.

Also, it is possible tracking is incorrect (delivery service error) this has actually happened to me a couple times and one of my buyers let me know packaged showed up came the next day. 

It is rare but it happens

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Contact the Post Office that serves your address (by calling them direct) and talk to them right away----they get the scan before it is out for delivery.  That way, they can contact the mail carrier (a person) who scanned your item and dropped it off instantly, and then that person can remember where the package was dropped off so that he/she can retrieve it-----especially if you can describe it.  Happened with me for socks that I needed via US Priority; and when I got the delivery scan, it wasn't there.  I called them, the carrier remembered, picked it up and delivered it correctly within an hour.  Time is of the essence......I enter my tracking for purchases in the US Postal Service website, thus when the scan comes I get it before eBay's notification is updated.  My time was within 7 minutes after the scan and I called them right away.

Note that this is a rare occurrence and the seller is not responsible for US Postal Service's local mishaps.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Tracking showing delivered means 1 of 3 things

1.) it was delivered and stolen (call the police)

2.) it was 'mis delivered' by the carrier service (call them)

3.) Seller gave fake tracking that shows delivered (you'll know more once you call #2 above); then you can state 'not delivered' to ebay; they will deny it since tracking shows delivered, then you can 'appeal' with the info you get from the carrier (if they give you something in writing)

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

There's also one more scenario. Several times I've had a package scanned as delivered that didn't actually make it to my house until the next day. I'd wait until after your Monday delivery to call the PO.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Don't panic you have heaps of time to claim for INR - I often have ''delivered'' messages sent to me but it usually happens when my item has been handed over to another carrier or has been put on board for next day delivery.

AFAIK it is a holiday there for you guy's today and you will likely receive your item on Tuesday.

@kathiec  is Monday a holiday there because of Boxing Day being on Sunday ?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

Don't panic you have heaps of time to claim for INR - I often have ''delivered'' messages sent to me but it usually happens when my item has been handed over to another carrier or has been put on board for next day delivery.

AFAIK it is a holiday there for you guy's today and you will likely receive your item on Tuesday.

@kathiec  is Monday a holiday there because of Boxing Day being on Sunday ?

We don't celebrate Boxing Day in the States. 🙂 Today (12/24) was our federal Christmas holiday because Christmas is a Saturday. Beyond that, most people here just ask, "Boxing Day -- is that when we recycle the Christmas boxes?"

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Cheers, just figured that out myself today when I saw a thread about Boxing Day for the Commonwealth country's LOL.  We have the Monday (for Xmas Day Sat) and the Tuesday (for Boxing Day Sun) 

Learning something here all the time!

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Contact your Post Office. When your carrier does a delivery scan, the GPS coordinates are recorded. Thus, they know the address where your package was delivered. They can then contact the residents at that address for return of the package. And, USPS is not shy about about reminding those residents about the legal consequences of failing to cooperate.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@moonmull  Has your item arrived yet ?

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

no, but xmas and sunday there was no delivery.  hopefully today

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

not today 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I have had issues with USPS where they mark my outgoing shipments as "picked up" incorrectly. 

Yes, there is the occasional botched tracking or misdelivery.

My beef is over eBay's tracking upload measurements. There is often a disconnect between eBay's time estimates and required tracking upload vs the delay at USPS in a reasonable 24-hour delay. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply