cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

It should be a breach of ebay's policies and 'contract' of a seller who advertises for a best offer and then doesn't even acknowledge one !! That seems fraudulent to me. Certainly it is unethical & I won't shop with a seller who does that

Message 1 of 107
latest reply
106 REPLIES 106

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

I get buyers who make an offer...I don't even do any "best offers" or "make an offer".

Should or do I need to respond to them? I usually say sorry but no.

So I can turn this around and say stop bugging me...

Message 16 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

As you know, or should by this time, when a seller receives an offer, these are his options:

Accept.

Refuse.

Counter.

Ignore.

Any one of these is within eBay's rules and requirements.  

Message 17 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

@farmalljr wrote:

GETY OFF MY L:AWN! Screamed all the sellers who think buyers should worship the ground they walk on. Please folks, keep making excuses why sellers mess around playing games and are not serious about selling anything. At some point eBay is going to "remedy" sellers like this and shut off ALL of their traffic. There are WAY more ticked off buyers who leave and don't come back, then there are those who want to play stupid clown games. If you don't want to take offer, great. Don't list that way. The seller is 100% responsible to check the listing over for accuracy before they hit submit. It's the sellers JOB to make sure it is accurate. I give NO seller any leniency because they didn't "know" offers were on. 

Just because you check your listing after you submit it, doesn't mean Ebay won't add best offer in a couple days.

Ebay needs to stop adding best offer and let the sellers decided if they want it added or not.

Some of us don't want offers on our listings.

Have a great day
Message 18 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

- offers must be at least 30% off. 

----------------------------------

Say what?

Message 19 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

Us who are still selling on eBay (no disrespects) can get tired by silly offers.

And sometimes get quite a few emails from same buyer over and over....to the point of bugging me.

I hate to block someone but sometimes I have to.

I was just making a statement as I am currently selling.

Message 20 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

"It should be a breach of ebay's policies and 'contract' of a seller who advertises for a best offer and then doesn't even acknowledge one !! That seems fraudulent to me. Certainly it is unethical & I won't shop with a seller who does that"

Sounds like you make a lot of lowball offers, most sellers ignore those.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 21 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

I will do that ... sometimes.

I have an item listed for $20, and a so-called 'buyer' offers $5 ... I might cuss and ignore it.  If I keep getting stupid offers like that from that person ... well, OP should look up Blocked Bidders List.

Message 22 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

I don't have best offer enabled on my listings but I get "offers" a few times a week.

Most of the time I ignore them.  

If sellers are not responding to your offers you need to think about the offers you are sending.

Are you being reasonable in your offer? Does the seller have best offer enabled?  Is it a weekend or Friday night?   Not all sellers are available at all times to respond to offers.

If they don't respond and the above does not apply, lucky you, you may have avoided a seller that might be one to avoid anyway.

Message 23 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

Doesn't ebay still ADD 'Best Offer' to some listings, unknowingly to sellers?? 

I do know that one of the 'reasons' given when a buyer clicks 'contact seller' is 'best offer' which is NOT the same as a 'Best Offer' on the listing. 

Message 24 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@farmalljr wrote:

GETY OFF MY L:AWN! Screamed all the sellers who think buyers should worship the ground they walk on. Please folks, keep making excuses why sellers mess around playing games and are not serious about selling anything. At some point eBay is going to "remedy" sellers like this and shut off ALL of their traffic. There are WAY more ticked off buyers who leave and don't come back, then there are those who want to play stupid clown games. If you don't want to take offer, great. Don't list that way. The seller is 100% responsible to check the listing over for accuracy before they hit submit. It's the sellers JOB to make sure it is accurate. I give NO seller any leniency because they didn't "know" offers were on. 

Just because you check your listing after you submit it, doesn't mean Ebay won't add best offer in a couple days.

Ebay needs to stop adding best offer and let the sellers decided if they want it added or not.

Some of us don't want offers on our listings.

While I agree that eBay has no right to change your listing, I am pretty confident that is not the case. I think sellers are failing to completely look over listings BEFORE they submit them. Not saying that it's doesn't or can't happen, but in the vast majority of cases, I'm confident sellers just aren't paying attention. 

I look over every listing BEFORE I submit it, because I have seen options pre picked for me that I did not want. I learned a LONG time ago to look at each and every LINE to be sure it was set the way I wanted it listed. Slowing down to make sure it was 100% correct has saved me headaches. 

Message 25 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

Sorry but don't MAKE THE OFFER FOR BEST OFFERS and then ignore the offer.  When you OFFER something and don't follow through...,.THAT'S ACTING FRAUDULENTLY !!!. It is a MINIMUM of a lack of common courtesy and should be required by good standards of business practices.  !!!~ Shame on you

Message 26 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

That makes sense....and a buyer would be able to see why their offer wasn't accepted (or at least acknowledged ) becuz it would show as "sold".  You sound like you value your potential buyers and respectfully follow through when an offer is made. That's all it takes. Just say yes or no or counter offer. But to offer a best offer practice and then just ignore it till it ebay takes it off the table....well that constitutes the poorest of business practices & represents fraud (making a claim that just isn't true) Thank you for your good business sense... I love good sellers

Message 27 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

I have contacted them, but thank you for the good recommendation. And in business, to ignore someone who contacts you about making a purchase IN ACCORDANCE WITH WHAT IS STATED ???!!!!....sure ignore it all you want. That's ABSOLUTE POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES & no professionalism whatsoever ( fraud)...it's no assumption....it's fact

Message 28 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

I absolutely agree that an absurd offer is poor business on the buyer's part....and maybe should come with a message as to why they think you should consider it. But you are saying that you still respond !! That's commendable !!! 5 star seller

Message 29 of 107
latest reply

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

TWO OBLIGATIONS : 1) act ethically or 2) not

Message 30 of 107
latest reply