cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

It should be a breach of ebay's policies and 'contract' of a seller who advertises for a best offer and then doesn't even acknowledge one !! That seems fraudulent to me. Certainly it is unethical & I won't shop with a seller who does that

Message 1 of 107
latest reply
106 REPLIES 106

Re: "BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

Hi everyone,

This discussion has gotten a bit heated, off topic and personal.

Please remember that, while it is fine to disagree with others, discussion should always remain friendly and respectful as required by the Community Guidelines.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Message 106 of 107
latest reply

Re: "BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

@transamcc wrote:

I tutored undergrad classmen in college English back in the day and graded papers of incoming freshman students.  To me,  the fact that an offer is allowed to "expire" IMPLIES that the seller ignored it for the duration, most likely as an intentional act.

Speaking as a buyer whose purchases were always personal (rather than business expenses) … it didn’t occur to me that a seller was ignoring my offer if I didn’t receive a quick response.

I expected that sellers might wait to see what offers they’d receive before accepting one of them … which could result in my offer expiring.

[It didn’t take long for me to read eBay policy on Best Offers to verify that I understood all the parameters.]

Message 107 of 107
latest reply