cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

It should be a breach of ebay's policies and 'contract' of a seller who advertises for a best offer and then doesn't even acknowledge one !! That seems fraudulent to me. Certainly it is unethical & I won't shop with a seller who does that

Message 1 of 107
latest reply
106 REPLIES 106

Re: "BEST OFFERS" IGNORED !!

Sometimes the way to maintain proper business responses is to refrain from responding.

When a buyer insults a seller, as many buyers who make offers do, silence is the appropriate response. It often takes longer than the offer is valid for to cool down.

IMO Sellers should have badges showing whether their behavior will be that of a retailer or a flea marketeer. At a flea market, I would ask many of these buyers making offers to leave my stall. Ignore and block is a close as one gets.

Message 61 of 107
latest reply

@aben7154 wrote:

Sorry but don't MAKE THE OFFER FOR BEST OFFERS and then ignore the offer.  When you OFFER something and don't follow through...,.THAT'S ACTING FRAUDULENTLY !!!. It is a MINIMUM of a lack of common courtesy and should be required by good standards of business practices.  !!!~ Shame on you

So is shouting. 

You won't need to worry about me ignoring your offers by the way. I don't deal with the entitled or the discourteous. 

Message 62 of 107
latest reply

It's impossible for an account that is a 'buyer only' to have any other rating than 100%. Sellers can only leave positive feedback, and many sellers do that automatically. 

Any seller that actually checks buyer feedback does not look at your rating, but at the feedback you leave for others. 

Message 63 of 107
latest reply

That's okay @pjcdn2005 .  Sometimes  I will get an offer through messages--a really ridiculously low offer.  I always explain that the 'free' shipping is $x.xx so obviously their offer of $1 more than the shipping is out of the question.  That always works.  I don't ignore offers or questions because that is bad customer service, not because eBay tells me to.  

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 64 of 107
latest reply

"NEVER !!!....review my 100% history "

I dont need to 'review' it because all buyers have a 100% feedback history, because thats all sellers can leave. I think if you were making decent offers, you wouldnt be ignored so much, ive sure never had that problem with b.o. sellers.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 65 of 107
latest reply

Either buy it or place it on your watch list ans see if you get an offer.  Most sellers don't want to come down in price anyway so I seldom make offers.  Some sellers get darn snotty too.

Message 66 of 107
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I don't think that eBay should make it a 'rule' that a seller has to reply but I do think I think that it is proper customer service to reply to an offer whether or it to  accept, refuse or send a counteroffer.  If you definitely are not going to accept the offer, then why keep them waiting to find that out.

and @aben7154 

One of the benefits and the main reason I love having an offer option in my listings is that when a potential buyer makes an offer, it gives me the opportunity to get a feel for the buyer and whether it's one I want to do business with. I always check their feedback left for others and I can't count the number of bullets I've dodged. 

And when I block one of those wannabe offerers, I don't decline or counter; I just ignore after adding them to my BBL. 

These are just 3 of the bullets I've dodged and if those buyers badmouth me and think I'm rude, I'm okay with that! 

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 7.25.47 PM.png   Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 7.26.53 PM.png.        Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 7.35.42 PM.png

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 67 of 107
latest reply

Lowball offers are a kind of insulting, they deserved to be ignored, but I still like lowballers. I never reject any offer. Many times I've sold various items for the full price, because potential buyers notice, there are offers that I may accept before they can buy it. 

Message 68 of 107
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@aben7154 

Most of this is the new feature that eBay is implementing where the seller doesn't even send the offer, eBay does.  So don't be mad at the seller, be mad at eBay.  Many of us here do not like this feature at all as a seller.  Several of us have reached out to the community managers expressing our dissatisfaction of this feature as well.  Still waiting for a response...

Isn't there a switch on each listing ... while listing ... that turns that off?

Or is on the 'make an offer' page ... 

There's a toggle switch somewhere ... no?

Message 69 of 107
latest reply

@farmalljr wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@farmalljr wrote:

GETY OFF MY L:AWN! Screamed all the sellers who think buyers should worship the ground they walk on. Please folks, keep making excuses why sellers mess around playing games and are not serious about selling anything. At some point eBay is going to "remedy" sellers like this and shut off ALL of their traffic. There are WAY more ticked off buyers who leave and don't come back, then there are those who want to play stupid clown games. If you don't want to take offer, great. Don't list that way. The seller is 100% responsible to check the listing over for accuracy before they hit submit. It's the sellers JOB to make sure it is accurate. I give NO seller any leniency because they didn't "know" offers were on. 

Just because you check your listing after you submit it, doesn't mean Ebay won't add best offer in a couple days.

Ebay needs to stop adding best offer and let the sellers decided if they want it added or not.

Some of us don't want offers on our listings.

While I agree that eBay has no right to change your listing, I am pretty confident that is not the case. I think sellers are failing to completely look over listings BEFORE they submit them. Not saying that it's doesn't or can't happen, but in the vast majority of cases, I'm confident sellers just aren't paying attention. 

I look over every listing BEFORE I submit it, because I have seen options pre picked for me that I did not want. I learned a LONG time ago to look at each and every LINE to be sure it was set the way I wanted it listed. Slowing down to make sure it was 100% correct has saved me headaches. 

I've noticed, sometimes Ebay will have Best Offer pre-selected when starting a new listing and if the seller doesn't know where to look, they won't know it's already selected.

They need to stop hiding some of those options and make them visible on the one page.

Before I submitted any listing, I always checked it a few times to make sure everything was right, then checked it again after submitting it.

Have a great day
Message 70 of 107
latest reply

@atlasesattic wrote:

Then go shop on temu...most of there stuff is under 1.00...but must warn you, you can't make an offer.

And you get what you pay for, cheap Chinese junk.

Have a great day
Message 71 of 107
latest reply

I was recently going through my offers and saw review offer on one of my listings. There was apparently an offer on it at some point only $4 lower that I would have accepted. I have no clue when it came in but it was already expired when I saw it. Not even sure how I didn't see it. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 72 of 107
latest reply

It is neither fraudulent nor unethical in any way, shape or form.

Message 73 of 107
latest reply

I just love these threads 🤣

Message 74 of 107
latest reply

@aben7154 

< doesn't even acknowledge [an offer] ... Certainly it is unethical >    

I wouldn't consider it unethical.  I'd say discourteous, at worst.  But here's the thing:  You're entitled to ignore the seller's offer, too, so that makes it even. 

Message 75 of 107
latest reply