cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need BLOCK SELLER function

Since there is a block buyer function why has it not been made available for buyers to block sellers that have been disingenuous or difficult?

Message 1 of 147
latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

Re: need BLOCK SELLER function

Since you are so determined, I am sure you will make the effort required to get your concern heard.

Please post back with your successful update.  Let everyone know!

Thank you for posting.

Message 121 of 147
latest reply

Some buyers threatened me with this on another post. It is comical and foolhardy, especially for legitimate sellers. Anyway, I cannot see an honest seller going this route.

Message 122 of 147
latest reply

wrote:
@airsheep@castlemagicmemories@chrysylys

The thing with the 'Tell us what you think' link is that it goes off into cyber la la land with no response. I want to know that someone at eBay with some authority has actually read the concerns and will do something about it.

Or they just might say they really do not care about my concerns as a buyer, and then I would know how it goes and shop elsewhere.

With all due respect, no matter how your concern is viewed, or how baseless it could be considered, it is doubtful they would tell you they don't care.  Most likely they would simply thank you for sharing your concern and leave it at that.  

I thought you had already gone somewhere else, according to posts in this thread.  Congratulations to you, most would not make this an issue or devote so much time if they did not shop here.   

Ebay's buyer count was up last year as in previous years.  It showed growth, not decline.  A little online research revealed this.

Message 123 of 147
latest reply

This statistic shows the number of active registered users on the online auction platform eBay. In the fourth quarter of 2017, the site reached 170 million active users after surpassing 168 million active users in the previous quarter.

Message 124 of 147
latest reply

wrote:

So write to Headquarters in San Jose.

To save you time and trouble finding the address, here it is:

Contact Us.
eBay Headquarters.
2025 Hamilton Avenue.
San Jose, California 95125.

You may or may not get a response.  

If you mail your concerns, as opposed to calling them, you need to be sure that your contact info is included in your letter, thus your name, address, phone number, email address, etc.

You could address it to the CEO, Devin Wenig at the headquarters address.

Message 125 of 147
latest reply

wrote:

Some buyers sellers threatened me with this on another post. It is comical and foolhardy, especially for legitimate sellers. Anyway, I cannot see an honest seller going this route.

With all due respect, honest sellers do block, they are not dishonest because they choose to block, although that may be your opinion.  Nor is it comical and foolhardy, for any seller, although, again, you have a right to your opinion.  Actually it may be a very wise consideration to avoid issues post sale.

You may not agree with them, but sellers are here to sell.  When they block someone, they have legitimate reasons to do so, again, even though you may not agree with them.  They have chosen not to do business with you; and after all, buyers have that choice upfront, to not buy from someone.  Sellers do not have that luxury so they have to be proactive in avoiding bad transactions.  Buyers can make the choice whether or not to buy from someone.

Message 126 of 147
latest reply

wrote:

You could also buy some Ebay stock, since you are adamant about contacting them and getting a response.  Then you can contact them through Investor Relations.  

I'm sure you can take this to the next level. 

ha ha ha

Message 127 of 147
latest reply

Sorry but the system does not support that function.

However, Ebay might consider this to be an interesting revenue stream.

Just a thought.

Message 128 of 147
latest reply

Or they might reconsider before losing revenue streams. It is easier to keep buyers happy than to replace them.

Message 129 of 147
latest reply

@chmskis wrote:

Or they might reconsider before losing revenue streams. It is easier to keep buyers happy than to replace them.

With all due respect, they might but it could prove more attractive to provide the function for a fee, since not everyone may feel the need for it~possibly those who want this function are not in sufficient numbers that it would be cost effective to offer it.  Sometimes what it may take for a buyer to be happy may not be feasible or practical from a business viewpoint, or it may hurt the bottom line.  You know what they say, You can't always get what you want.

Just a thought.  Of course everyone has the right to do whatever will make them happiest.  It is always the buyer's choice to decide where they wish to buy.

Message 130 of 147
latest reply

@chmskis wrote:

If JUST KEEP A LIST were that simple the sellers would be having to do it that way as well. It should not be all on the buyer to keep track of awful sellers.

Sorry, but with all due respect, it can't work that way for sellers and that is why they have a Blocked Bidder List and also automatic blocks for unpaid item strikes, policy violation reports, etc.  

The buyer has the choice of whom to buy from,  that is part of the buyer's due diligence.

BUT the seller cannot choose whom they wish to do business with WITHOUT the blocked bidder list.  This is the law of the land and it applies to B & M stores as well; they are allowed to chose whom they wish to do business with.  You may have seen signs, we reserve the right to deny service to anyone, or no shirt, no shoes, no service.  

This levels the playing field and allows sellers a choice, too.

I am a buyer.

Message 131 of 147
latest reply

With all due respect, I don't see that people are anti progress.  Of course we can agree to disagree.

The process would put, as another poster said, an unneeded strain on the system.  And many have been on ebay for several decades and really don't feel blocking sellers is a pressing issue.  

I'm a buyer, and one with almost two decades on Ebay.  

We can agree to disagree.

Message 132 of 147
latest reply

With all due respect, I am allowed as a long time buyer with a stellar record to disagree. The last couple years it has become more and more apparent that a way to block sellers is a GOOD idea for buyers. It allows buyers the option to not even see items from sellers for any number of reasons.  If sellers pay for the block function then it should be the same way for buyers if it is offered [and vice versa].

But alas what buyers are finding out is that the functions of this site are not PRO buyer and the buyers are not listened to. This issue has been discussed on multiple occasions in muliple threads and all I read is reasons why it will not be done --- when it would be very simple to just offer it.

Message 133 of 147
latest reply

How do you block sellers on Amazon?
She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 134 of 147
latest reply

To be honest I have never had a reason to even see if there is that option. Never have I had difficulties with a seller there. 

Message 135 of 147
latest reply