cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need BLOCK SELLER function

Since there is a block buyer function why has it not been made available for buyers to block sellers that have been disingenuous or difficult?

Message 1 of 147
latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

Re: need BLOCK SELLER function

It is not the same as shopping at regular stores. I cannot remember one seller name from another over periods of time. It would be very helpful to block any that are disagreeable, difficult, or just bad business people.

Message 16 of 147
latest reply

Actually, as a buyer you always have had the final say in who you wish to buy from.  Sellers, on the other hand, do not have the luxury of knowing who will bid or buy from them.  Thus the need for buyer requirements and the BBL.  Buyers, of course, can simply not hit the Buy button or place a bid.

Of course, this does not keep a seller's offerings from showing up in searches, but neither does blocking a buyer keep them from viewing a seller's listings.

I would suggest recording any seller's user name from whom you do not wish to purchase in a notebook and consult it regularly when purchasing here on eBay.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 17 of 147
latest reply

wrote:

It is not the same as shopping at regular stores. I cannot remember one seller name from another over periods of time. It would be very helpful to block any that are disagreeable, difficult, or just bad business people.

I understand.  flyinhawaiigirl had a good suggestion.

Or you can hand write the list, and add as you go, and check against it if you find something you want to buy.

Chances are, you probably won't have to worry about it~another possible reason why buyer's don't have a block function~if you had a problematic transaction, most likely it was problematic for the seller, too, and you have already been blocked by them, so no worries.

Message 18 of 147
latest reply

wrote:

Actually, as a buyer you always have had the final say in who you wish to buy from.  Sellers, on the other hand, do not have the luxury of knowing who will bid or buy from them.  Thus the need for buyer requirements and the BBL.  Buyers, of course, can simply not hit the Buy button or place a bid.

Of course, this does not keep a seller's offerings from showing up in searches, but neither does blocking a buyer keep them from viewing a seller's listings.

I would suggest recording any seller's user name from whom you do not wish to purchase in a notebook and consult it regularly when purchasing here on eBay.

7606dennis, good point~just keep a list.

But chances are, he/she probably won't have to worry about it~another possible reason why buyer's don't have a block function~if a buyer had a problematic transaction, most likely it was problematic for the seller, too, and you have already been blocked by them, so no worries.

Message 19 of 147
latest reply

If JUST KEEP A LIST were that simple the sellers would be having to do it that way as well. It should not be all on the buyer to keep track of awful sellers.

Message 20 of 147
latest reply

wrote:

If JUST KEEP A LIST were that simple the sellers would be having to do it that way as well. It should not be all on the buyer to keep track of awful sellers.

Sorry, but sellers can't make the choice to not do business with someone the way buyers can~that is why they have a blocked buyer list so the buyer is blocked automatically.  As you can see, you have the choice~~the seller doesn't, which is why they can block.

I don't know how many sellers you would need to worry about because if you don't want to do business with them, most likely they came to the same conclusion, and you are already blocked so you wouldn't be able to buy from them anyway.

If buyers couldn't make a decision on whether to buy or not, they would be able to block.  Sellers don't have a choice when someone buys~which is why they can block, so they do have that choice.

There are far more adverse issues for a seller from a bad transaction than there are for a buyer.  Buyers have MBG protection; sellers have the blocked list.

Message 21 of 147
latest reply

You could copy and paste from the feedback you have received from sellers that indicate problems.

Sellers do read feedback left by and left for buyers, you know.  

Thank you for posting.

Message 22 of 147
latest reply

I have been patient and kind and have had to keep track of long drawn out issues for resolutions on numerous occasions and even then left unreasonably decent feedback.

Since you are saying buyers can blast sellers scores for being incompetent and that is a buyer's ONLY recourse, future feedback decisions will be due to your advice.

Message 23 of 147
latest reply

wrote:

I have been patient and kind and have had to keep track of long drawn out issues for resolutions on numerous occasions and even then left unreasonably decent feedback.

Since you are saying buyers can blast sellers scores for being incompetent and that is a buyer's ONLY recourse, future feedback decisions will be due to your advice.

Unfortunately you did not understand what I said at all.  Please do not put words in my mouth.  

I said that sellers can read the feedback that you have received; the pattern it suggests could cause you to be blocked.  Actually, that is what you want~right?  You want to block them so you don't do business with them; they saved you the trouble!

YOUR recourse is to not buy from them.  Most likely you are already blocked from buying from them.  If you tried to buy from them, you could not.  So you are safe.

Message 24 of 147
latest reply

Since you have so many problematic sellers, it may be that buying online is not for you.  If that is the case, then you need to do whatever makes you happy.

But if it makes you feel better, I doubt you have anything to worry about as far as buying from a difficult seller again~they probably have already made sure you won't buy from them again.

Wishing you happy buying in the future, wherever it may be!

Message 25 of 147
latest reply

wrote:

Please show me where you think I said that.  Thank you!

Message 26 of 147
latest reply

wrote:

Report any sellers who may have gave you trouble that violates eBay Policy, and keep track of these people being sure not to have the same issues.  

Not to many sellers will continue to be dishonest with a repeat buyer, especially one whom may have left a bad feedback due to bad service. If they don't pay attention to this, it's obvious they will not be selling for too long anyhow. 

Seller may have blocked a repeat buyer if the transaction was problematic.

Message 27 of 147
latest reply

wrote:

Of course, this does not keep a seller's offerings from showing up in searches,

Which is the whole point of this.  People keep mentioning a handwritten list.  That would not have eliminated hundreds of listings I didn't want to see yesterday from a couple of dozen sellers spamming the search results.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 28 of 147
latest reply

wrote:

You want to block them so you don't do business with them;.

No, that's not what we want.   We don't want to go through the process of trying to bid or order and getting some obscure notice that may or may not apply.

We don't want to see their listings at all. 

OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 29 of 147
latest reply

wrote:

I have been patient and kind and have had to keep track of long drawn out issues for resolutions on numerous occasions ...

Feel free to stop by the Weekly Chat to add your voice to the chorus for an effective Seller Managament List:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/bd-p/weekly-chat

Message 30 of 147
latest reply