cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay enable scammers by closing case then lying facts.

Ebay seller said he did not purchase tracking.   After waiting for more than a month, I filed "item not received".   seller refused to refund, then posted a fake tracking number to wrong destination with clearly different zip code.

ebay closed case for seller stating "item was delivered to buyer", even before i ask ebay to step in.   I called ebay that refused to refund; stating ebay cannot do anything because case was closed.    I've contacted paypal.  Now ebay refunded stating it was delivered but stolen.  Why does ebay defraud along with seller?  It was never delivered to me.  It was not stolen.  Seller did not even purchase tracking but posted fake tracking.    when ebay enabled fradulent seller, ebay will full of scammers. Screenshot_2024-01-20_10-26-59.pngScreenshot_2024-01-20_07-57-55.png

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: ebay enable scammers by closing case then lying facts.

You got a refund so why are you here boo hooing now?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: ebay enable scammers by closing case then lying facts.

Now ebay refunded stating it was delivered but stolen. 

@dous978 

We have seen that message before in cases of the fake tracking scam.  It seems to be a "standard" reply indicating "stolen after delivery" (for which eBay, amazingly enough,  has no buyer protection anyway). 

Though just my opinion, they likely use that instead of something in order of "your seller was determined to be a liar/crook by providing phony delivery confirmation".   Acknowledging that the "fake tracking scam" is real, would likely put eBay in a bad light while they try very hard to continue to "ignore the elephant in the room". 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply