cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBucks Program is Going AWAY!

I guess eBay has enough business they don't need to encourage buying, unless it is on a campaign basis?

Got this email today!

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 8.35.22 AM.png

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: eBucks Program is Going AWAY!

My take on the message wasn't going away, but rather it will accrue annually, and payout once a year. 

No, they say you have a year to use them. The 1% is going away, but they will be sending out 'Bonus Bucks' specials.

bigbuck.jpg

Message 16 of 47
latest reply

Yep, this was the same wording I also received today. 

Message 17 of 47
latest reply

😂🤣😂🤣😂

Message 18 of 47
latest reply

Wow, thats really too bad. I often will buy things on ebay over other sites (when its competitively priced, that is) just to get the ebay bucks. I also buy expensive items on here somewhat often (computers, musical instruments, collectibles, etc.) and its really nice to get a chunk of money back on those.

Message 19 of 47
latest reply

I don't need another credit card.

Message 20 of 47
latest reply

@ra_201044 

It would just be my luck that eBay sends one of those "bonus bucks" to my house, and it just eats up all of the plantings.  Then I'll have to spray predator urine all over the plants so it goes to the neighbors yard.  er, unless then send one already dressed for the freezer! 👍

Message 21 of 47
latest reply

When the prices on things that I want and need are cheaper, that's when I will buy.  If not, time to find similar online auction sites who cater to what eBay was mostly famous for "back in the day."

Message 22 of 47
latest reply

@no_zero369 

Don't hit the elusive one with ebay on its side! I'm sure that the sightings will be rare ....

I used to have deer fence around the largest garden, but that was a while ago since I planted that much. And the stupid deer just ran right into it until they broke it down every year. Fix and repeat was getting old.

Message 23 of 47
latest reply

You can count me in, I will be reducing purchases on eBay since they are reducing the incentive to buy.

I PURCHASE THOUSANDS IN EQUIPMENT FOR BUSINESS USE, BYE BYE BUSINESS BIRDIE!

Message 24 of 47
latest reply

Ridiculous!....Longtime member of Ebay...I will bid/shop elsewhere... i dont do greedy /petty corporate **bleep**

Message 25 of 47
latest reply

Most Ebay buyers that are enrolled in the Ebay Bucks program have received that email several weeks ago.

I received it March 1st.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 26 of 47
latest reply

what a rip off  ebuucks a great way to earn from from buying   too bad

Message 27 of 47
latest reply

>April 1st

Wait is this a joke? Ebay please tell me its a joke

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 28 of 47
latest reply

The overreaction due to losing a 1% bonus is hilarious.

Message 29 of 47
latest reply

Yeah but for people who spend a lot, that was a nice bonus. A couple bucks doesn’t matter but when you had an extra $500 to spend after all the spending you have done on their site, that was definitely a really good thing for a big time buyers. So....

Message 30 of 47
latest reply