cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay coupon

When I was browsing eBay.com it gave me a $5.00 coupon. I went to use to code and it says it will not work. I called eBay they said it’s not valid. I got it from them and have a picture of it. I called and he said they will send me a new one and soon as he said that he hung up. I spend a lot of money with eBay and I’m not happy how this turned out. 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

eBay coupon

@mycarolinavintage 

Sorry, but Ebay is its reps. They are one in the same. The op is correct. Ebay did hang up on him. Sorry this happened to you op.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

eBay coupon

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

eBay coupon

Update #2: Pursuant to eBay CS telling me my $5 coupon code would only work if I was using it on a computer, and not on a phone, I tried my code again using a desktop computer. The code still didn't work. Hey eBay: please don't offer me a coupon if you aren't going to make sure it works.
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

eBay coupon

I agree! They told me to use a pc and I did . Still did not work. Then they won’t even give me a new one. How silly.. makes no sense 

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

eBay coupon

@arcar1 wrote:

I agree! They told me to use a pc and I did . Still did not work. Then they won’t even give me a new one. How silly.. makes no sense 

Re: eBay coupon
in reply to 01-04-2019 11:15:20 AM

Last Edited 01-04-2019 11:16:00 AM
@arcar1 wrote:

When I was browsing eBay.com it gave me a $5.00 coupon. I went to use to code and it says it will not work. I called eBay they said it’s not valid. I got it from them and have a picture of it. I called and he said they will send me a new one and soon as he said that he hung up. I spend a lot of money with eBay and I’m not happy how this turned out. 

Hi @arcar1, while I'm limited in the details I can discuss related to your account I do not see that the coupon you pictured was issued on your account. Typically coupon codes that are random numbers and letters like the one you have shared here are account specific, while sitewide coupons are formatted in a "NEWYEAR19" or "SPRINGDEAL1" manner (examples, not actual coupon codes). 

Without the full terms and conditions to review, I am not able to investigate this further. While I know another member on this thread shared potential guidelines, I was not able to find an indication that these are the related terms and conditions and was only able to find a third party site referring to these details a couple of months ago. 

As for the phone call you had with Customer Service, if you can tell me the date and approximate time you spoke with us I will be happy to review. If there is reason to believe that the agent you spoke with hung up on you then we will provide appropriate coaching. While we do typically attempt to call a member back when the conversation ends unexpectedly, the time of day and the context of the conversation may lead us to not attempt a call back. There are also times when we attempt to call a member back and are unable to reach them, but I will ensure the appropriate steps were taken with more information. 

Thanks in advance!

If any members response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and one member's response resolved your question, please click 'Accept as Solution.' More on Accepted Solutions.

Did you miss this post? It is a genuine offer to help you get resolve. 
Energy flows where attention goes.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

eBay coupon

My rep was super helpful and got a supervisor to approve a user-account-specific $5 coupon code that she promised would work for sure.  Interestingly, she admitted much of the current support phone traffic was for front-page eBay coupon codes that don't work (either says looks like the wrong code/cannot be applied at this time, or that you have already used it!), so the bottom line is the coupons simply may not work and you must contact support first to get a "special" code.

Of course now customer service is only by phone or the aforementioned facebook/twitter which can be pretty inconvenient.  Last month's 15% off coupon didn't work either, and there's probably no incentive for them to ever just work, until customer support gets overwhelmed with enough calls to start affecting service or require adding staff.  Good luck, all

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

eBay coupon

I just saw this thread.  I posted about my experience with the $5.00 coupon on the selling board on the 16th.  I tried purchasing a couple times, and when I went to pay there was no box to enter the code.

I called ebay and the rep didn't hang up on me but they just kept assuring me the box should be there.  After several times of assuring them I was on a desktop computer and not a phone, they asked me to cancel the sale and repurchase and let them walk me through paying.

I didn't want to do that to the seller so I tried to purchase another item---still no box.  I called and they didn't have any solution for me, so I didn't complete that sale.

After thinking a bit about it and since I'm stubborn,  I noticed both sellers didn't accept paypal and were in the newish merchant payments.   I asked about that and the rep said it shouldn't matter, but I found another seller that did accept paypal, purchased that item, and the box to enter my code worked fine that time.

Coincidence, maybe, but that was the common denominator with my coupon failures.  Anyone else see this when the coupon failed?

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

eBay coupon

I got the same thing and it said the offer was good until 1/13...tried tp use yesterday and it wouldnt work!!! Not cool!!

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

eBay coupon

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/bidding-buying-db

Thanks.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply