cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing Illustrated books without uploading pictures of them

Hi! If I am wanting to buy an illustrated book, I would like to see a picture or 2 before I buy it, it's kind of frustrating, just saying. Thank you for looking at my post,  I hope nobody takes offense!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My husband and I sell very few books but when I do, I don't just put up the "catalog" picture. I take my own pictures. Show both sides of book, inside covers and try to flip thru several pages and take pictures of those even if they are not illustrated. Just to show the condition of the book and also put pictures up of the slightest bend, tear, or writing. I noticed to a lot of people that sell books just take one picture of front or used the ebay catalog picture. I am a seller, but as a buyer I want to see what i am actually buying. Totally agree with you! And that was a great idea about the Amazon thing that someone posted since I am looking for a particular book myself at the moment and want the best price and condition.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I think that's a good suggestion for sellers to take notice of. I'm not sure, however, whether there might be some copyright issues involved? I know Amazon's "Look Inside" feature has to have been approved by the publisher.

I'll often check out the book with Amazon's "Look Inside" feature, and then buy it on eBay!
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

That's an excellent idea! Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The big book sellers with thousands of books don't take the time for that.  Those of us who are smaller sellers can provide a different level of service.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yes I am sure that is true,& I like buying from the smaller sellers that can provide that extra level of service,  I will continue to buy from those who take the time to go that extra mile! Thank you so much for your help!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

My husband and I sell very few books but when I do, I don't just put up the "catalog" picture. I take my own pictures. Show both sides of book, inside covers and try to flip thru several pages and take pictures of those even if they are not illustrated. Just to show the condition of the book and also put pictures up of the slightest bend, tear, or writing. I noticed to a lot of people that sell books just take one picture of front or used the ebay catalog picture. I am a seller, but as a buyer I want to see what i am actually buying. Totally agree with you! And that was a great idea about the Amazon thing that someone posted since I am looking for a particular book myself at the moment and want the best price and condition.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you so much, I appreciate sellers like you who take the time to go the extra mile ! Well said my friend!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply