cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay automatically charging buyers on auction wins & Make offers

I'm both a buyer and a seller on eBay and as both, I do not like the new system where buyers are automatically charged for each item they win in auctions along with postage FOR EACH ITEM!  Same thing when they Make An Offer and the seller accepts the offer as the system is not designed for a buyer making offers on a number of items.

There's one particular seller I bid on items of that charges $5 postage for each item.  When we win multi items from him, he combines the postage.  Usually, I win about 20 auctions from him each week.  With eBay's new system of charging my card right after each win, that adds up to charging me approximately $100 total for postage alone which the seller is already fed up with having to constantly refund each win for the extra postage and I don't blame him because I'm ticked off that all this was on my debit card.  How long before my bank gets fed up with all these multi transactions occurring and begins to charge for every transaction?

Because of this, I will no longer be bidding on any auctions sellers have.

As a seller, I'll continue issuing out the refunds for every postage eBay causes the buyers to have to pay but from the complaints I'm getting from buyers, they're already ticked off about this as well and will eventually stop buying.

eBay doesn't realize this new system will just drive buyers away ... including sellers who buy on eBay as well.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

eBay automatically charging buyers on auction wins & Make offers

Here is another con. You can’t choose to ship the item to another location besides the default. I won an auction for the first time today and discovered there is no way for me to pay (so I assume it’s automatic) and no way to have it shipped to the person I bought it for. 😠

Message 16 of 16
latest reply