cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay allows Chinese sellers to advertise as North American source

So you want a part to arrive within this century. Naturally, you want the item to be in the continent you reside in before ordering. eBay provides a way to contrain your search to sellers located in North America. Only later do you find out the whole thing is a sham.

Take this seller as an example:

He advertises the "Item location" as being from "Chino, California, United States". This is a lie. The package is being shipped via DHL to Washington from China. When the package arrives I'm giving him negtive feedback for lying (and taking FOREVER to ship an item which ought to take days not weeks), but honestly eBay is the one who deserves to be panned. 

Stop it, eBay. . 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: eBay allows Chinese sellers to advertise as North American source

"So you want a part to arrive within this century."

Nearly everything I've ordered that was shipped from Asia has arrived within about 15 business days.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@anarkhos,

Had you looked at your seller's feedback profile you would see they are registered in Malaysia, and that should have been warning enough that the item may ship from there.  The seller may warehouse some of their items in the US, but ship others from Asia. 

On the seller's feedback profile page you could have clicked on the number of negs received recently, and seen several comments about slow shipping, and even more about poor item quality. The seller's feedback percentage, 97.9% is a very poor one even for a high volume seller.

I hope you read the warning on the listing, and will have a qualified mechanic install the system. Even then you risk having problems with cheap chinese automotive electronics. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

" I'm giving him negtive feedback"

Why bother?

You chose not to check the seller's terrible feedback before you purchased.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

You're mistaking DHL Global for DHL; DHL Global is a domestic service, shipping inside US to US addresses.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

So once again it isn't eBay's fault for going along with the fraud, it is the buyer's fault.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@anarkhos wrote:
So once again it isn't eBay's fault for going along with the fraud, it is the buyer's fault.

Hey...I don't like this deceptive practice either & would like to see it stopped.

However we all have the opportunity to look at a seller's feedback.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

For your information, there are a few Chinese sellers that operate from China and have warehouses that operate in Ca. and the east coast. Recently, I ordered 2 diferent items from 2 different sellers and they were shipped from Ca. Received both items in 2-3 days. Great sellers I might add. You need to be more careful from whom you buy from.Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Call ebay and they will open an investigation and the seller will face sanctions. I JUST did it an hour ago. Its called drop shippimg i believe but its not allowed.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@mirandaleigh81 wrote:

Call ebay and they will open an investigation and the seller will face sanctions. I JUST did it an hour ago. Its called drop shippimg i believe but its not allowed.

This thread is almost a year old nothing to report at this point AND drop shipping IS allowed. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Lucky you.  I have had a few things arrive within 15 days but unless I am placing huge re-supply orders which ship DHL or UPS, most smaller packages with free shipping take 21-45 days.    I'm currently disputing an order from a supplier because the tracking is overdue.  It doesn't take 3 to 4 weeks for a tracking scan to appear.    And the seller isn't replying to the case, so it's obvious they never shipped it.  

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Ditto!!!

Besides the long time waiting for the items I have a much bigger problem.

I have a closet full of clothes made in China all with several problems: item

is so small it wont fit a doll,item is defective,item is of very low quality,item

not working or faulty,item not as described at all and so on and on cry

I have 23 shirts,14 pants,6 pairs of shoes,a shaver,a movie camera,socks and

etc...etc...etc...stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:screamItems are supposed to be

shipped from INSIDE the USA but...tired_face they are NOT!!

When I try to return the defective or not as described item I have to send

it back to CHINA!!!scream and the price of shipping is as much or twice

as big as the purchase price.sob

I did check the merchants references and buyers comments (made by same

seller or friends?) and nowhere in heck it says that I'm purchasing from a

Chinese supplier.

I had the same problem with Aliexpress and in Ebay as well: you are forced

to keep the item weather it fits,you like it or it isn't the item color size or

quality you wanted!!!screamtired_face

My learning experience tell me to go to T.J.Maxx,Macy's,Bloomingdales

or a similar retail place INSTEADof buying from inescrupulous

sites.zipper_mouth protecting the seller with bogus claims and just

for the sake of PROFIT!!confounded

I say get China out of eBay!!!Smiley Madstuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

It is ruining it for all of us.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

This makes searching on here a huge headache. I filter for "US only" but still have to sift through a bunch of Chinese buyers. Who, by the way, are always in Chino, CA? Lol. Chinese buyers seem to use the same bunch of bad stock photos so I try to avoid any sellers with that or very obvious US SELLER!!!! stamps on their pics. It's still such a waste of time to sort through that mess, though.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@uzumakey wrote:  It's still such a waste of time to sort through that mess, though.

ebay is almost obsolete because of this! it just isnt worth the hassle to sift threw all the listings, then the feedback and then find their true location.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply