Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Can I restrict bidding to specific buyers?

My siblings are holding a private auction for personal items from Mother's estate. Is there a way to do this on ebay? We need to list the items but restrict bidding to these 5 siblings only, and not to the general public. Is It possible?

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 helpful

Asian seller blocked me for no reason

I am appalled that a seller can just decide to block a buyer for doing absolutely nothing wrong. I've read the eBay rules on blocking & I don't fit any of the criteria. I recently bid on multiple items from a single Asian seller &won multiple listing...

where do i begin , ebay buys my feedback

purchased an item from a seller , not happy with whole thing . i was going to return but i made repairs myself because seller didn't want to take the return . i could tell from our emails that smoothly was not going to happen . so i left neg. feedbac...

• 38 replies
  • 1 helpful

Buyer wants to cancel

Got a Best Offer on my item Friday night, accepted it yesterday & today the buyer wants to cancel because she says she was in an accident & needs the money for repairs. Can they do that? Am I obligated to cancel it? eBay already shows it sold so how ...

Scammed

Have only bought off eBay & I had some really good deals & good sellers responded to my messages but you always find one bad seller.I’m a bit put off by buying again which is bad to good sellers.It not me he’s just had 10 other people so I opened a c...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Unpaid item

I bidded on an item, but there was a payment issue on my account which I had to correct. I went back and rebid on the item, not realizing it was a different seller. I won both bids and I do not need both items (or spend the money). I now have a case ...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Scam Sellers

Back when I first joined ebay in 1997, you could read ALL the listings in about 15 minutes. Then as the site started to grow, more and more popular items appeared. Computers were big and many were for sale. Scams started popping up. Scam sellers woul...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Fake Gold 1 oz Johnson Matthey being sold by seller?

Please reassure me the 1 oz JM Gold bars are real?!?! Check out the picture of the bar they have on their eBay site. Please reassure me it looks legit. Check out the poor lines and the perf edges on Assay cared. ???

Want to buy something on ebay but confused about the import charges

So I want to buy this computer: http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/HP-Elite-8300-SFF-PC-Core-i7-3770-3-40GHz-8GB-500GB-WIN7-/142521237384?hash=item212eed7f88:g:aCoAAOSwp0NZzOdv However it mentions that there are 0,00 import charges. Then next to it, it says...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can't change feedback

Just now, I accidentally left positive feedback for a seller when I meant to leave negative feedback for the seller. Apparently, Ebay in it's infinite wisdom, can change neg feedback to pos, but will NOT allow a pos feedback to neg. What the heck??? ...

Problems with recent PO Box Address

I got a PO box a couple months ago bc I had an item stolen from my front porch. I had to change my eBay ship address once bc a seller said he wouldn't or can't ship to a PO box so I added a new address that includes the street number 53 ____ Drive #3...

WHY CAN'T EBAY SELLER SHIP TO NIGERIA

WHY IS IT THAT WE NIGERIA CANNOT BUY GOODS OF OUR CHOICE ON EBAY WHEN ALL THE SELLER REFUSE TO SHIP TO NIGERIA , THIS IS UNFAIR TO US ..

Seller Cancelled Sale Due to Shipping Cost????

Hi There,I'm hoping someone may have some feedback on the following situation.I bought an antique small bookcase with free shipping. This morning, the seller has requested to cancel the sale as they accidentallydidn't include the shipping charge. The...

Buyer wants to cancel

Got a Best Offer on my item Friday night, accepted it yesterday & today the buyer wants to cancel because she says she was in an accident & needs the money for repairs. Can they do that? Am I obligated to cancel it? eBay already shows it sold so how ...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors