Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Not sure what to do?

I recently received a letter from a collection agency saying that their client's (Ebay) previous attempts to resolve this debt have been proven unsuccessful. The amount is for $49.81. They give an account number begining with 211. But I can't find an...

BAD OR THOUGHTLESS PACKING....WHY?

Hello all. I'm venting. Nothing will come of this. I've bought on eBay for years and can't count the number of times that my purchases turned into FIX IT projects, because of bad or thoughtless packing by sellers. One seller sent me a stack of china ...

How Do I Stop the "An Item got away!"

I have been overloaded with emails from eBay. On my saved searches, I am notified every single day of the same items. If I was not interested in them the first time, what makes eBay think I will be interested in them the next day, or the day after th...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 12 replies
  • 2 helpful

Seller not responding, options?

11 days ago I was going to submit an offer for an item and contacted the seller prior to the best offer to see if I was anywhere in the ballpark. He responded that yes he would accept it but his next shipment was due in on Thursday and he would ship ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canceling a bid

I have an item that two people bid on. One recently canceled their bid and I didn't know you could do that? I have items I'm buying on eBay and it doesn't give me an option to retract my bid. Can a bidder do that? Obviously so because it was done to ...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay removed item

Can someone shed some more light on this? I'm sure someone can since you all are the BEST at answering questions. Received this email.We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won:201961073617 - New 10' Patio Umbrella Offs...

Seller had my negative feedback removed

I am beyond **bleep** off. I purchased live aquatic moss from a seller and he sent me a dead dry patch of craft moss that was so thin and small that it needed only one stamp. His photos were fake as well. I left negative feedback and there were sever...

buydig Phantom 4 PRO NEW (sent it to me used)

I bought a new Phantom 4 PRO and I got used and maltrated with a memory even with recorded video and lacking components like the control cables the manueles among other things. I had to leave on a trip and I could not return on time now I just lost m...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Sellers who don't respond to "Best Offer"

I'm frustrated with sellers who offer " best offer" and when you make an offer they don't respond either to reject or make counteroffer. It leave the buyer hanging out there unable to move on to another bid until the offer time runs out 2 days later.

Fraudulent Seller

After I won an item with the minimum bid (a great deal) the seller did not contact me, waited until the last day of the item's shipping window and then cancelled the item. I cannot leave bad feedback due to the cancellation- ridiculous! Why can I not...

Resolved! Insanely high prices.. Please explain.

SO I hopped on looking at current values for some items I want to maybe sell. One of which is an iPhone 5s. I organized by sold, and highest first, and saw this.. Auction # 322539364869. Clearly it would be insane for someone to sell an item worth 10...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay No Longer Safe To Buy/Sell Apple Products???

It's happening everywhere, here and on that other site we'll just refer to as CL; folks getting duped out of their items and/or hard-earned money over Apple products...As a Seller: There's a trend here of people wanting iPhone IMEI numbers though, to...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Labels dont print in internet explore and they knew about it yesterday

spent another 2 hours today asking if ebay was going to notify us about the Internet Explorer glitch on shipping labels talked to 5 people today and kept hearing I am sorry for that lol Nothing for the seller no specials no rebates no nothing GO EBAY

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors