Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Allowing Fake Items To Be Sold

I don't understand why eBay allows obvious fakes to be sold on it's platform. I can only guess it's for the money they make on fees. In the past iv'e taken the time to report various listings but eBay don't take any action. I also contacted the manuf...

Unreliable Sellers!

Really disappointed with the buying issues I've experienced!I've placed orders with several sellers (different items) recently that they apparently don't really have to sell?The order status will show shipped and a tracking number provided but nothin...

I was scammed by a seller and ebay wouldn't look at the facts.

I purchased a lawnsweeper from a seller. S/he had "100% positive feedback" -actually there is one positive and one negative. The seller sent 2 tracking numbers-one for UPS (package weighing 1.6 lbs) and one for FedEx (weighing 3lbs.) I was able to ge...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller refuses to ship item or give refund

Bought a set of grips from get a grip on it. 9/18 seller shipped on 9/28 post office lost it. 10/10 filed item not received case 10/13 seller told me replacement would ship on the 16th if I closed the not received case. I did and on the 18th he print...

Unbelievably Bad Customer Service

Seller sold me a a deck engagement cable on October 28, paid immediately. Seller states 1 business day shipping in the listing. Sell never shipped and days later I followed up by e-mail and was ignored by the seller. However, the seller did post a tr...

Delays, delays!

We appear to be getting into the holiday silly season, where mail gets bogged down, and sellers delay getting beyond 'a shipping label has been printed,' or forget to ship, period. Also, tracking (if provided) doesn't update until the item has disapp...

High Volume Sellers Offering Free Priority Shipping

Avoid Purchasing Rubber Tip Chair Feet from these sellers. This particular item must be cursed. The Carriers they use for shipping are unreliable. Two transactions and still no packages. Tracking shows delivered. No packages. One seller claims it was...

Resolved! Can’t complete purchase of a seller private offer.

Seller offered a private offer to me of an item I was watching. When I attempt to buy I cannot. I also cannot contact the seller. I appear to be locked out! Long time eBayer, first time I’ve ever seen this! I would still like to purchase, but I can’t...

IMG_1155.png IMG_1154.png

I'm sick and tired of the ENDLESS SECURITY CHALLENGES just to surf eBay.

Is everybody else being SLOWED down and ANNOYED on their HOME COMPUTERS, with contstant security challenges and having to identify TALL BUILDINGS !!!! If you're going to pester us CONSTANTLY, how about showing us GIRLS IN BIKINI'S and asking us which...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 28 replies
  • 4 helpful

Resolved! Counter Offer Time Remaining Confusion

Hi all, I recently received an offer to buy an item I had in my watch list. I waited a little over a day to decide if I wanted the item, then a few hours ago I went ahead and made a counter-offer. When I look at my "Bids/Offers" page I see the counte...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Tracking won’t update and buyer already opened up a refund case

I shipped the item a week ago and tracking hasn’t updated. This has happened before and it takes time but buyer is inpatient and wants a refund. There is a good chance it will end up being deliver. He already opened up a refund case, so I just issue ...

Ebay issued my a full refund. Now what?

Without getting into it, I bought an item on Ebay which was not as described. I filed for a refund. Ebay issued me a full refund. Now what? its been a few days since the refund and I've heard nothing from the seller. Aren't they supposed to send me a...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Scam sellers need vetted -- it's getting ridiculous

I recently purchased a scratch touch-up marker for about $20. Immediately after entering the purchase, the seller instantly changed the delivery date -- by several weeks. So I immediately requested a cancellation, and they refused. Now the seller no ...

Buying an iPhone

I'm a long time buyer/seller though mostly inactive for several years. I've purchased several iPhones in the past but things seem radically different now. Hopefully, someone has a helpful tip or two. I started looking for a used iPhone 2 weeks ago. I...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors