cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay issued my a full refund. Now what?

Without getting into it, I bought an item on Ebay which was not as described.  I filed for a refund.   Ebay issued me a full refund.   Now what? its been a few days since the refund and I've heard nothing from the seller.  Aren't they supposed to send me a return shipping label?  Not really sure what to do here.  I'm an honest buyer and want to return the purchased item, but I don't want to pay postage again.  The item arrived with postage due, so I'm already out that money. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Did you request eBay to step in for the refund? If not, then it was the seller that refunded you they  are not expecting the item to be returned. If they wanted you to return it you would’ve received a return label first, sent the item back, then the seller would refund you. 
The item is yours to do with as you see fit. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

With the feedback they left for you, I'd report it.

If you have your refund, you can do what you want with the shoes.

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

Have a great day
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

With the feedback they left for you, I'd report it.

If you have your refund, you can do what you want with the shoes.

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

Not only would I report the feedback that the seller left for you but I'd also report the reply he posted on the feedback you left for him! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

"heard nothing from the seller"? Check your feedback. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@nofool21 wrote:

Without getting into it, I bought an item on Ebay which was not as described.  I filed for a refund.   Ebay issued me a full refund.   Now what? its been a few days since the refund and I've heard nothing from the seller.  Aren't they supposed to send me a return shipping label?  Not really sure what to do here.  I'm an honest buyer and want to return the purchased item, but I don't want to pay postage again.  The item arrived with postage due, so I'm already out that money. 

In this case, you shouldn't worry about anything. Regift, donate, dispose -- do what you want with them. 

Wow! Some sellers do earn those feedbacks they receive. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I didn't ask eBay to step in.  He apparently called eBay asking them to decide on this.  He seemed certain that he was in the right.  eBay decided in my favor.   He simply doesn't seem to grasp that charging $11.99 for shipping and only putting $5.05 shipping on the package is in any way his fault. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I have reported it to eBay.   I've never had to deal with a seller like this before. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

WOW!!    I'll admit I hadn't looked at the feedback.   I've reported him. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Taking the advice I've received here, I have reported him to eBay, and responded to the feedback he left me. 

I've been on eBay over 20 years and this is the first time I've left negative feedback.   Mistakes happen,  and I've always been able to work with the buyer or the seller to come up with an acceptable compromise.   I don't understand this guys thought process.  Your tag line says it perfectly.   I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

The seller is being unprofessional. His feedback is ridiculous. The seller messed up the shipping, obviously. Then expected you to pay more. That’s a violation of eBay policy. Just another example of bad sellers forcing buyers to go to other platforms. Sellers like him are ruining the reputation of eBay. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@nofool21 wrote:

I didn't ask eBay to step in.  He apparently called eBay asking them to decide on this.  He seemed certain that he was in the right.  eBay decided in my favor.   He simply doesn't seem to grasp that charging $11.99 for shipping and only putting $5.05 shipping on the package is in any way his fault. 

If you look at his response to the other neg that he received recently, you'll see that he didn't grasp that situation either -- he refused to take a return even after admitting that he had significantly mis-described the item.

Seriously, who thinks you can ship a pair of shoes for $5.05?? That's the cost to ship a 4-ounce package.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply