cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm sick and tired of the ENDLESS SECURITY CHALLENGES just to surf eBay.

Is everybody else being SLOWED down and ANNOYED on their HOME COMPUTERS, with contstant security challenges and having to identify TALL BUILDINGS !!!!  If you're going to pester us CONSTANTLY, how about showing us GIRLS IN BIKINI'S  and asking us which ones have BLOND HAIR !!!!  This is ridiculous eBay!!!! STOP!!

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Never.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 29
latest reply

YES!  I ran into this the other night while using my android, which has been recognized by ebay on multiple occasions.  Total pain in the a$$!

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

Have you changed anything about your setup lately? New browser, or new privacy settings or software? Using a VPN or hotspot? That can cause repeated verification requests when signing in.

Try another browser altogether or a private or incognito browser window.

Preferably the latest version of a browser you have not used before, with default settings and no add-ons installed.

Repeated Captcha requests when simply browsing might be a sign that your browser has a corrupt or blocked eBay cookie; in that case, manually deleting just your eBay cookies might help.

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

@uga82grad 

how about showing us GIRLS IN BIKINI'S (sic)

🤢 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Nope…no captcha here .

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

I always get 'Crosswalks'. I could only get that right if they showed the Beatles' Abbey Road album cover. 😖

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Me too, brother.  And another constant annoyance is asking for your telephone number, BUT only accepting your MOBILE phone number, not your home's land-line.  I don't have a $2,000 I-Phone, or any cell phone anymore.  I'm 71 yrs old, and I'm always at home, especially these crazy COVID days.  I don't walk around with a phone in my hands, like some teenager.  I have more important things to do.  Facebook, tweeting, who cares!  Not me.

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

You're probably right.  I need to refresh/re-install Windows and do some maintenance.  And re-adjust my pop-up blocker.  I haven't changed any settings, or played with the registry, so I hadn't considered that sort  of problem.  I really need to just buy a new Apple machine, and kick Billy Gates old patched up piece of junk OS (ALL WINDOWS) to the curb, where it belongs.  He's made the last dollar of my money, I'm disgusted, and too old to constantly fix his old junk OS.

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

I'm on my home office computer, and not a mobile device or phone.  So there's NO REASON, they can't see my IP address, know my location where I've been for 40 yrs, and realize I'M ...ME.  I'm not using a VPN or a some fancy Stargate-Cloaking device for Pete's sake.  And their network should SEE that IP and know it's ME.  I'm just dumbfounded!  And tired.

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

My favorite Robin Williams quote was:   "NO MAN IS AN ISLAND..........AND SOME MEN ARE PENINSULAS! 

I miss his comic wit so badly.   RIP bro!   WE MISS YOU!    NANU, NANU!

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

And from his movie The Survivors with Walter Mathou   "GOD I LOVE THE SMELL OF MALAMUTES IN THE MORNING!!!     

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

@uga82grad wrote:

And from his movie The Survivors with Walter Mathou   "GOD I LOVE THE SMELL OF MALAMUTES IN THE MORNING!!!     

Touché

ma647837_0-1675076050660.jpeg

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

And their network should SEE that IP and know it's ME.

It should, unless you have erased your eBay cookies since the last time you signed in. eBay is not checking a master database of everyone's IP address, eBay is checking the cookie that was stored by eBay on your machine in your browser's profile. If that cookie is missing, you get to go through verification again to sign in and get a new cookie.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

I haven't manually deleated any cookies, or changed my Opera browser's settings, and my machine stays on 24/7 so WIN-10 can update and do it's thing.  I am running a pop-up blocker, but it's instructed to let eBay in with all it's usual bloat and riff-raff (as I call it).  I hate being marketed to by every advertiser they sell space. That being said, I really find it annoying after buying a T-shirt, or toilet paper, to see peripheral ads all around the product or page I'm presently navigating or buying, trying to sell me more T-shirts and toilet paper.  There ought to be a simple cookie to identify me, without my entire buying history splatered all over the page.  It's like a Jamiacan street market, and they know you're a dumb tourist.  :>(   Buy this!!  No, buy this!!! No, me cheaper!!!  Annoying.

Message 15 of 29
latest reply