Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Seller canceled auction

I bid on ian tem, upping the bid three times. Still the item was going really cheap, but the seller canceled the auction. From reading the policy on auction cancelations, it appears what he did was within the rules. I still woild like to complain to ...

Next SiteWide Coupon?

Didn't expect to see one until the last couple of weeks of this quarter, but then they popped one last week. Will there be another this week? Any bets?

Seller withdraws multiple items after receiving bids

I have been following, and bidding, on several items listed on eBay. The seller starts the auctionsat .01 and there is no reserve. Usually they are 7 day auctions. When the auction gets down toone day left, the seller withdraws the item, stating it i...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

How do I change feedback for an item I have bought?

The seller is not happy with the neutral feedback as he said it affects his selling fees. I did not know it was that important. I am willing to change it.How do I do it, step by step. I have tried o, but just go around in circles, as there does not s...

Can no longer leave " Follow up Feedback "

So I tried about a month ago to leave follow up feedback but no matter how many times I tried it just wouldnt work. I got a seller today in which I wanted to also leave a follow up feedback but again it will not work. Is anyone else having this probl...

Delayed eBay Refund

I have opened a case against a China-based seller for INR last April 20th. eBay closed the case in my favor on April 26th, and started the refund process to my PayPal account. As of today, May 11th, no refund was credited. Updates via email from eBay...

Resolved! seller's items all deleted overnight

A seller listed several items for auction. I bid on one. A few days later, the item no longer shows up in my bidding activity. Going to the seller's page shows every item listed had been deleted. No explanation, no NARU on the seller. What is going o...

Shopping cart not clearing even though paid

Hello AllI know there have been previous threads about shopping cart glitches. I have just recently encountered one.I was on EBAY.com when I committed to buy and requested a combined invoice.The seller was very prompt and I too promptly paid.I didn't...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! scammed?

Interesting, you'd think after so long on Ebay I'd recognize a scam but this one got by me. Purchased a couple of Hydro Flask water bottles. I noticed after the fact the seller is in China. Not ideal, but whatever. Paid for them and was immediately s...

Shill Bidding

I'd really hate to think this is happening, but I'm getting convinced it is. There is an artist out of the UK who's pretty good. I've bid on several of his auctions,...and won all I bid on. Now, all the sudden user's identities are protected. I reali...

Resolved! Silence of the "Best Offer" seller

It's been discussed to death, but... Sent in couple of best offers on $300 item. Finally got a counteroffer of $200 on $150 bid. Sent in $175 kind "meet me halfway" offer... Haven't heard from the seller, sent in asked $200 couple of hours before exp...

How to default my search back to list view? How to search for smartphones without accessories?

How do you set your search view as 'list' and not gallery view? I change it on the page but it doesn't change it as the default? Sometimes when I search there isn't an option to change it nor is there a drop down menu to search lowest to highest, bes...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay removes much deserved negative feedback left for non-performing seller.

My two items were supposed to be delivered by 45 days. I paid for insured delivery to my door.The seller did not ship until the 45th day, the promised delivery date. After 7 weeks of waiting for my items, working with the seller and three freight com...

Complaint against Ebay feedback revision policy

Need to revise a feedback for a seller that I bought a defective item from. I got a replacement from the seller which is in Hong Kong and after ebay told me I had 60 days to revise my feedback it turned out that the deadline was 10 days. Items from H...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors