cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint against Ebay feedback revision policy

Need to revise a feedback for a seller that I bought a defective item from.  I got a replacement from the seller which is in Hong Kong and after ebay told me I had 60 days to revise my feedback it turned out that the deadline was 10 days.  Items from Hong Kong take longer than 10 days so I wouldn't have had time to receive the replacement before revising my feedback, anyway. 

After several calls Ebay said this was policy and they wouldn't do anything about it.  The seller was therefore stuck with the original unfavorable feedback even after they made the good faith effort to replace the item.  

This is an incredibly stupid intransigent policy by Ebay.  This wouldn't have happened on Amazon.  Ebay sucks!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You have sixty days to post feedback; CS was right about that.  Also, it is advised that you not leave feedback until the transaction is over~since you had a replacement coming, it wasn't over.  You could post if you did not think resolution would occur and so wanted to get your feedback in before the deadline, but you didn't know the deadline.  Posting prematurely could be taken as feedback extortion. 

That is pretty generous, two months.  So your whole transaction took over two months.  If your replacement came out of that time frame, then you can't revise the feedback.

Usually it is advisable to just get a refund.  Replacements often don't work out.  You either have the same problem as the first one you got, or you don't get a replacement at all.

You can always re-buy the item.  

Sorry you are not happy.  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You can still leave a follow up comment to the feedback, I think the deadline for that is longer.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Deadline is 30 days after a feedback is posted.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:
Deadline is 30 days after a feedback is posted.

If that was ever policy, it has changed. I just left a follow up to feedback I left in 2016 🙂

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Indeed, there's never been any deadline for leaving a followup comment.

The deadline for a seller to send a feedback revision request is 30 days after the feedback was left, and then the buyer has 10 days to respond.  In this case, the seller replied to the neg in March, so we can see that the time frame for revising it is long gone.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply