cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay removes much deserved negative feedback left for non-performing seller.

My two items were supposed to be delivered by 45 days. I paid for insured delivery to my door.

The seller did not ship until the 45th day, the promised delivery date. 

After 7 weeks of waiting for my items, working with the seller and three freight companies for an additional entire week , the seller said he would contact his broker to complete my delivery.

Now after 8 full weeks he is trying to get me to go to the terminal and pick up the items myself.  I am not capable of doing this and it is not my responsibility.

I gave up, I have notified ebay that the seller did not deliver on time, left negative feedback to warn other ebayers,  and asked for a refund of my more than $1500 payment.

Ebay will remove the negatives. You try to do the right thing and warn buyers but ebay removes the negative when the seller finally refunds,  and the seller continues his/her non-performance.

I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Why do you think eBay will remove the negatives? 

They are still up. eBay hasn’t removed them. So other than your valid complaint about the selling shipping late, what is the problem?

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 33
latest reply

@simplepleasures! wrote:

My two items were supposed to be delivered by 45 days. I paid for insured delivery to my door.

The seller did not ship until the 45th day, the promised delivery date. 

After 7 weeks of waiting for my items, working with the seller and three freight companies for an additional entire week , the seller said he would contact his broker to complete my delivery.

Now after 8 full weeks he is trying to get me to go to the terminal and pick up the items myself.  I am not capable of doing this and it is not my responsibility.

I gave up, I have notified ebay that the seller did not deliver on time, left negative feedback to warn other ebayers,  and asked for a refund of my more than $1500 payment.

Ebay will remove the negatives. You try to do the right thing and warn buyers but ebay removes the negative when the seller finally refunds,  and the seller continues his/her non-performance.

It depends on how you word the Neg. If there is a lie, if there is mention of Ebay or Paypal, are a few examples of why a neg can be taken down. If you keep a neg factual, with no name calling or mentioning Ebay , Paypal, or cases then there are very few additional reasons that a neg can be removed

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

You were made whole, in spite of all the frustrations.  That is a good thing, yes??  Did the seller have many negatives prior to your purchase??  That would be a warning sign to you not to purchase.

I don't know if you sell on EBAY, but lately with new changes, the buyer is always made whole, at the expense of the seller.  Seller can't leave neg feedback for buyers to warn other sellers of bad buyer transactions.

Sounds like you went through a very inconvenient transaction, and I undertand your frustration, time wise.  However as a seller, EBAY is making it very difficult and expensive to do buiness here.  

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

They are up for a whole hour?
Ebay has removed them in the past so I don't expect a different outcome in this instance. Last week I posted here about another seller problem where the seller didn't ship on time, was the wrong item sent and was badly damaged either before or after shipping. You don't see a negative for that.
Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Do you have anyone that can help you pick up the items from the terminal? If not, the items will have to be sent back to the seller. After they receive the items, you would receive your refund. 

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

I carefully worded my feedback to state the absolute truth with no mention of ebay, paypal, credit card companies, cases, claims, disputes, etc.
I have only ever posted 5 negatives and maybe one or two neutrals in the past for sellers. I have been a good ebayer for over 19 1/2 years as a seller and a buyer under several IDs, I am not one of those constant neggers. Check my feedback left, or what's left of it.
Message 7 of 33
latest reply

@simplepleasures! wrote:
They are up for a whole hour?
Ebay has removed them in the past so I don't expect a different outcome in this instance. Last week I posted here about another seller problem where the seller didn't ship on time, was the wrong item sent and was badly damaged either before or after shipping. You don't see a negative for that.

Well the seller you are talking about today has prior negatives so again I think you are worried for nothing. The comments you left don’t violate policy and the seller isn’t a power seller so there is really no good reason to fret over the possibility of eBay removing the negs. 

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Last weeks seller had 100% feedback, this seller had 99% when I purchased from them.

I understand sellers are being ripped off, one of the reasons why I no longer sell here.
BUT ebay does nothing about the bad sellers and that could be why sales are down on ebay. You know, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me and all that. Nobody wants to keep coming back to ebay only to go through another bad transaction again. People tell their friends and relatives about their bad experiences.

Sure I got my money back last week which I should have because that dishonest seller got his money back from Fed Ex. I have not yet with this seller who continues to lie even now, but I will get my money back because I got nothing but lies and a bad time from this seller, and based on past history with the 3 bad sellers I left a negative for, this seller will probably also get it removed.

I'm sorry things are bad for sellers but I have had nothing to do with that and neither have most buyers.
Message 9 of 33
latest reply

A 290 pound shipment of large furniture? NO.  I won't go into personal details but

1.  I am physically not capable of that.

2. I paid for insured delivery to my door. If I were able to pick these large items up I would void the insurance.

I am not willing to take a chance on that for more than $1500.

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

Well the seller you are talking about today has prior negatives so again I think you are worried for nothing. The comments you left don’t violate policy and the seller isn’t a power seller so there is really no good reason to fret over the possibility of eBay removing the negs.

Not worried, I always pay by credit card.

This is a place for discussion according to ebay, I am discussing as other people also do here.

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

@simplepleasures! wrote:

@missjen831 wrote:

This is a place for discussion according to ebay, I am discussing as other people also do here.

The title of your post and some of your OP state eBay removed the sellers feedback. Which is not true and what has been discussed sooooo.....

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

this is not entirely true but i cant go into more detail without having my post removed.
Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Ebay will remove the negatives.

I hope not, but I've seen it happen as well, especially if the buyer files an INR claim because the seller shipped late.  Good luck....

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

@simplepleasures! wrote:

@missjen831 wrote:

The title of your post and some of your OP state eBay removed the sellers feedback. Which is not true and what has been discussed sooooo.....

No, if you look carefully at the title of my post it says "REMOVES". Additionally my OP says "Ebay will remove the negatives. You try to do the right thing and warn buyers but ebay removes the negative when the seller finally refunds,  and the seller continues his/her non-performance."

No where did I say that ebay removed the feedback I left for this seller.  Check my feedback left, there are only 2 negative feedbacks left for sellers and that was yesterday, ebay removed 3 others I left for non-performing sellers in the past.

Message 15 of 33
latest reply