Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Received iTunes Gift Card Instead of Item???

I used BIN to purchase a sound mixing board. Watched the tracking number and right when it showed delivered I checked outside. No big box, but instead in with my regular mail was an envelope with a $10 gift card send from the seller. The envelope sho...

Seller changed shipping costs

Seller changed shipping costs after auction had ended.Originaly costs were 15$ however seller sent invoice with 45$ shipping price.Seller doesn’t respond to my messages.What can I do?

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Bid notification wording madness. :laughing:

Good for a laugh. Does anyone else get these email notifications after placing a bid with this illogical phrasing? This item is gone, but there's more! Check your bid Looking good so far, but you could still be outbid. Be sure to tune in towards the ...

Can't hide completed order in Purchase History

OK so I bought an item that I wanted to return (the reason is not important) so seller and I agreed that I would return the item and get a refund, less shipping costs. Great. So the refund was processed, but now I can't hide the item. I keep a very c...

Untitled.png
User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is their any way for me to cancel a bid?

I feel like a genuane jerk, I recently bought a bought a poster from a seller up front at full price and not a bid ammount and recived it today at my home with no problems at all! How ever I also placed abid on another poster a few days later hoping ...

eBay Bucks Promo 5/22 - check the % credited

It ends in a few hours. If you were invited it's 8% on the web, 10% on the app for items $50 and up- supposed to be anyway. Double-check the rewards amount because it only issued 8% when I used the app. I had to call eBay so they could credit the bal...

Courtesy Refund

An item arrived broken., but the seller refused to refund my money. So I asked ebay to refund my money through it's guarantee program, and they agreed. They called it a "courtesy" refund. What does that mean? Thanks.

Ebay says I don't have to pay cause they had to remove the listing says I still have to pay

4 items 2 have been removed from listingQuote directly from eBay "your recent eBay transaction may be from a compromised accountWe’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. T...

eBay Running VERY Slow7

Has anyone else been having trouble with eBay photos loading when they scroll the pages? Mine has been painfully slow for weeks. I checked everyth2ing on my end and eBay is the ONLY site l am having trouble with. Any comments?

Item never received

Hello to everyone I contact the seller, everything is ok, i ask for a refund, i prefer the item BUT, in a previus request with another seller, they offered to send me again the item and i never recieved it, it was when i was starting buying in this p...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors