cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUYER HAS CHANGED THEIR BUYER ID NAME EVERY 30 DAYS 22 TIMES

anyone think it is odd that a buyer has changed their id name every month since starting on here?  I have had them purchase from me before and they opened a return and i blocked them and then about a year later they purchased another item(similar) and wanted to return it because they found a seller who was selling it at a cheaper price( i actually gave them more than what they bought).  I  clearly describe my items and i sell rare hard to find perfume samples which once i take it out of the bottle i can not put it back.  i invested in shrink wrapping to cut down on the returns of empty bottles also(per ebays advice) the abuse of the "fake" claim and using the not as described scam.  i am getting really frustrated with not being protected from ebay.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Changing their name that often is unusual but I don't see anything wrong with it if they're a buyer. Some people just like new things. They like new clothes, different colored hair, flip their houses. 

If the bidder is blocked and change their name, the blocked bidder list updates also.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@tout-partout

I don't think you'll have to worry about it for long, since selling decanted perfume samples is a no-no on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/used-cosmetics-policy?id=4290

Salient passage:

Not allowed Not allowed

• Used cosmetics
  • Used makeup sponges or applicators
  • Cosmetics, colognes, perfumes, lotions which do not come in the original container
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

sorry you were ripoff....but changing user name don't make you dishonest. i changed mine 12 times in seven years
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

Changing their name that often is unusual but I don't see anything wrong with it if they're a buyer. Some people just like new things. They like new clothes, different colored hair, flip their houses. 

If the bidder is blocked and change their name, the blocked bidder list updates also.

Changing user ID that frequently is kinda 'different', but nothing 'wrong' as such.

The OP needs to understand that this buyer doesn't exclusively trade with them, so it's not 'personal'.

I've changed user ID a number of times on previous accounts held.  There was merit in doing so when the hidden bidders ID was imposed - merit being in a competitive field the obscured notation [ a***b] would change even with a single letter or digit amendment, thus having it appear someone else was bidding instead of you.  This is more effective when FB is also changed from 'private' > 'public' and later back to 'private'.

Whats wrong with that? 

Now, I'll change my user ID again if my phone number changes provider. ie. from ph_0490xxxxxx to ph_0424xxxxxx.    Likewise, if I chose to use my Post Office Box number instead ie. PO_Box_ 2xx.

Whats wrong with that?

There are more pressing reasons to question the actions of buyers and sellers... and indeed eBay, than matters of no consequence like a user ID changes especially when a 'block action' sticks to the user account no matter what ID changes are made.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

but changing it every month? i blocked them once before and they still bought again from me. sorry i just think when you change your id every 30 days it is a bit "off"
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@tout-partout wrote:
but changing it every month? i blocked them once before and they still bought again from me. sorry i just think when you change your id every 30 days it is a bit "off"

What is a bit off to me is the way you seemingly skipped right over post #3.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@tout-partout wrote:

1. but changing it every month?
  2. i blocked them once before and they still bought again from me.
  3. sorry i just think when you change your id every 30 days it is a bit "off"

1. No restriction to do so.

2. This is the more pressing question you need to ask - Why hasn't the 'block' been applied to subsequent user ID's.

3. It's just subjective... your 'opinion'. 

Not trying to be rude, but this really matters nothing to me or other entities. ie.  other users or eBay.

I'll give you the big tip here... focus on the point 2. above only... for useful answers and solutions to this matter.

Thats the best bet... and maybe helps address serial scammers that call for the use of an effective block systems.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Are you sure they are changing their ID and not making up new accounts with new IDs? That way they could bid on your stuff if they were blocked on a different ID. If they are just changing it  you need to contact eBay and ask why they aren't staying blocked when they just change their username. It's not supposed to work like that.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Sounds like an identity crisis, LOL.

Again, one can't sell decanted perfume here.  You are risking loss of your selling privileges by doing so.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply