Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Auto Decline for Best Offer

Hi,I did not realize that you only have a few best offers to offer on an item. Because it was being auto declined, I was slowly increasing my price from my original offer hoping I would reach the price that would actually be reviewed by the seller. I...

How can I see what the QTY for an item was at the time that I originally purchased it?

I purchased an item that I believed to be TWO (Qty: 2), but when I received it there was just ONE.I looked back at the purchased item and it now showes Qty:1, however when I view the edit details it shows that the Qty has been edited. But it does not...

Sorry, you are not allowed to purchase this item

I've had this message come up twice now, when trying to bid on more than one item from two different sellers. The rest of the message reads:This item is only available to buyers who have not purchased 1 or more items from this seller in the past 10 d...

Expedited Shipping

Too much Expedited Shipping, and I don't want that. It makes the final price much too high. Why are so many sellers using the Expedited Shipping method exclusively?

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Watchlist Glitch: Reduced price by seller NOT showing lowered price - only shows higher old price

I noticed something that appears to be a Watchlist glitch. I found out a seller dropped the price on an item I was watching - but my watchlist still shows the old price. Waited a couple of days - my watchlist still shows the wrong "old" price and not...

Can't view seller's items via their page?

I just purchased an item from a seller in the Netherlands via ebay search for the item. I went to the seller's shop and it says they have over 800 items. When I click on view items it says 0. How can I view seller's items for more shopping for this s...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Non selling seller?

I purchased a Buy it Now for a Playstation 4 and immediately paid with Paypal. Shortly afterward the seller refunded my payment with no explanation. I tried contacting the seller with no reply. As of now, the item hasn't been relisted. A couple quest...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer wants a refund for iCloud locked iPhone 7 plus

I'm going to try to keep this as brief as possible but still give the background and reason for my question. I bought an iPhone 7 plus off Craigslist about a year ago. I met seller, looked over phone, was in good condition, turned it on, seemed fine ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

How do I scroll through auctions for my category?

I want to: 1) click on Stamps category- ALL STAMPS2) then click United States Stamps - ALL3) then click auction4) then sort by: highest, lowest, ending soonest, most bids (whatever)5) then use the links on the left to drill down to various sub-catego...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

barbie doll

I'm seeing a LOT of people selling Barbie dolls that claim to be "Vintage 1966." It's deceptive. These Barbie dolls are neither vintage nor are they from 1966. These sellers are basing this claim on the date stamped on the doll, which says " 1966," w...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors