Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

About completed listings

Greetings.Im writing this because I was wondering how exactly do get to see sold listings by a particular seller. BecauBe when i search on eBay it only displays items sold during the past 6 months and I want to see all items sold since the seller ope...

Resolved! Buyer's Protection, .... How long?

Hello:I purchased the used Desktop PC two to three weeks ago. At the time I tried the PC, every thing worked OK. However, after three weeks' use, the PC has a lot of problems, .... e-mail along with Firefox/Google does not starts properly. Just wonde...

Ebay jumped the shark

Ebay is not accepting Paypal for sellers who got sucked into signing up for the managed payment system.Doesn't matter to me if "paypal will be available this spring".I have already not bought two items through Ebay in the last several weeks, one was ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 47 replies
  • 3 helpful

retracting a bid

I had bid on a jewel but my cat jumped on my arm at the wrong time and made the bid a lot more than I wanted to. I did contact hime and he said that he wold correct it but now that I have won another of his jewels, I cannot pay f r the second unless ...

Airtools and Picking a Good Auto Shop - New Years Thoughts

Sun 12-30-18 7:35 p.m. ** Seasons Greetings to All ** New and used airtools are sold on ebay. I think it is the responsibility of sellers to 1) provide a clear and accurate description of what they are selling, 2) provide a new or used tool which is ...

Is there such a thing as an eBay "Wish List" for charities?

On Facebook, I follow several non-profits (several animal rescue or shelter groups) with wish lists on Amazon. Periodically, they ask their followers to donate items by purchasing selections from the wish list and sending them to the charity. This ca...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 1 helpful

Coupon issue

Hello community. I've won a $25 coupon from Ebay facebook group. They said that "Any amount of purchase is allowed", but nothing about eligible items. I've already tried about 10 different items but the system always says "This code can't be applied ...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

It Must Be A Full Moon! Rediculous.......

I have had several bad purchasing experiences here recently. I have only had a couple of instances in the past 3 years, until now! Maybe the holidays is when all the bad sellers come out. Two months ago I bought a camera. I waited for the shipping co...

Buying limit Problem.

I'm a new (and I international) eBay user. My first purchase was cancelled by seller because there was an issue with my delivery address. Since then, I've resolved the issue and made 4 (Buy it now) purchases (ALL of which I have fully paid for). Howe...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

I GOT BANNED FROM BUYING!

LOL! As I mentioned in another thread, opened a new ID to sell from in order to declutter selling accounts (who wants o buy greasy widgets and pastries from the same page?)..... so started out buying on this new profile with the dreaded ZERO FB score...

Blocked!.jpg

using a coupon

I entered a coupon code but decided not to purchase the item at the last minute. When I finally chose another item and checked out, I cannot anymore use the code. It says code has already been applied to an order, the one that I didn't pursue.Is this...

Watching ebay crumble...

I have been an ebay member since May 1999 - nearly 20 years. I do not have tens of thousands of points. Only a mere 758, but 100% positive. I buy and sell, but have been loyal to ebay, to the point of praising it, knowing its flaws.Ebay's flaws are w...

Resolved! Asking seller for total

I know there was a feature that when you had several items from one seller in your cart you could ask the seller for the total. I have several items from several sellers that have agreed to combine shipping but I can’t find where to ask them for the ...

Shipping Information

I am having problems with bidders not reading that my item is not shippable. My item is listed as local delivery only and yet I have had to cancel because they are not willing to pay what it would cost to ship simply because they are not reading. I h...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors