Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Redirect to Spam site when Checkout on Safari mobile Iphone 6s

I got redirected to mgifwallpaperit.icu_uswallma...etc when I went to checkout for my purchase on safari on my iphone 6s. I’ve had this spam popup happen a few times now. Never happens on the mobile app. weird stuff i was considering just not buying ...

side deals

Is it ok to make a deal on product advertised on ebay and purchase as private deal off ebay?

Resolved! How to block sellers who have paypal accounts in China ?

I am getting sick ot buying items listed to be here in the US but money go to China.#1 infternational transaction fee.#2 they dont speak english or communication takes days/weeks to reply.#3 If something is wrong, return is a problem for both and the...

eBay, why hide the reason a seller cancelled my order?

I have had more sellers cancel my orders, and claiming I requested it; in 2018 the in the previous 20 years combined. The problem is eBay doesn't take purchases seriously like the did when they 1st started. They used to ban sellers for stuff like tha...

Who at Ebay does this

I am looking at an item listed at $35 BIN or Best Offer. So I go to make an offer and there is a message from Ebay saying that an offer of $37 would be looked at as favorable, WTH do they really believe people are just some stupid tools! Sorry just r...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 7 replies
  • 2 helpful

Negative feedback removed, ebay violates it's own rules

Long story short, we bought an item from a business seller to repair a customer car.The item was delivered to the wrong address in a different state.We contacted the seller to get that sorted quickly but the seller never replied in time nor really to...

Sign-in to Contact Seller, or Leave Feedback... even when already signed in... is this new?

About the same time as the sign-in redirect scare happened over the past week, I noticed eBay now asks for me to sign in when I choose to Contact Seller from an item page (not at first, only after the saying 'no' to the suggested answers and asking f...

newbie's (?) auction with both Best Offer and reserve

This is the second time recently I have come across a new (or just low FB) seller using a reserve. Until now I haven't seen a reserve in years. I am now looking at an auction which is almost ended with no bids. It has Best Offer and a reserve. I am c...

User avatar by Guide
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Completing photos

I am the highest bidder on an item. I asked the seller to add higher quality photos, especially the debatable parts. The seller refused it, saying he lost the camera. Is it O. K.? The seller is from England and has 449 sales with possitive feedback. ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Can I exclude private listings from search?

I've recently learned that so called private listings are getting more common on eBay. I can see absolutly no reason (exept unusual items like adult stuff) why a seller makes feedback details unavailable for me to review. Since I buy fairly expensive...

Resolved! Strange communication received from ebay

Received from ebay this morning 11/21 advising: " Sorry you missed out on this item"Sold 11/19 I am the buyer of the item Tracking on ebay shows USPS to be in possession of the mail article

User avatar by Rockstar
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller accepted best offer then canceled sale and issued refund. Then relisted item with higher pric

Seller had an item listed Buy it now for $230.00 or make Best Offer. I offered $200.00, seller accepts offer.Shipping was $32.37. Seller sends me an invoice for $240.00. (Padded on $7.63 to the shipping) No big deal.I paid the $240.00 same evening. N...

What is wrong with some sellers?

I have been a eBay buyer and seller (mostly buyer) since 2001, and have 884 feedback, with not only zero negatives in the past 12 \months, but zero negatives ever. Look at the comments left for me and you will see my reputation. I mention this so you...

• 32 replies
  • 1 helpful

Bought Merchandise Credit - Much Lower Balance A Few Months Later

I purchased a Bed Bath & Beyond merchandise credit back in June (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bed-Bath-amp-Beyond-Merchandise-Credit-521-39-/253671493368) when I received the card, it was the advertised balance but somehow today I tried using it and it o...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors