cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative feedback removed, ebay violates it's own rules

Long story short, we bought an item from a business seller to repair a customer car.
The item was delivered to the wrong address in a different state.
We contacted the seller to get that sorted quickly but the seller never replied in time nor really took care of it.
That way we wasted additional 4 days.
After we finally got a refund and left  a negative feedback : Absolutely shocking, part never arrived and seller wasted our time

One day later, our feedback was removed by ebay !

As far as I can see ebay violated their own feedback rules and after a chat last night with ebay I got told that there is nothing that can be done about it.

Useless to say that I'm quit speechless about that. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

The seller refunded you and got a defect on his account.  This also cancelled the order, and feedback for a cancelled order is removed. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

That's ok, many of the other negs you left are still there
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

How do you know the seller got a defect on his account ? And how is it okay to remove the feedback because it was cancelled ? We haven't ask for a cancellation, we always wanted the item which the seller still sells.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@myboardid wrote:

The seller refunded you and got a defect on his account.  This also cancelled the order, and feedback for a cancelled order is removed. 

Feedback for a cancelled item is removed? That was never the case when I left feedback for a seller after they cancelled and refunded. If you can find the link to do so, you are allowed to leave feedback, at least that is how it has always worked for me.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@myboardid wrote:

How do you know the seller cancelled? The OP did not say she cancelled or I missed it ? A defect was not issued if an item not received case was filed and the seller responded by issuing a full refund. 

**POSTING ID**
***The best advice I've ever received in the community is that if you don't want someone to respond to you, you shouldn't respond to them***
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@myboardid wrote:

The only time feedback is eligible for removal for cancellation is when it’s buyer requested cancellation 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@ctoos_17 wrote:
That's ok, many of the other negs you left are still there

In defense of the OP those negs appear to be for auto parts sellers.....some of the most notorious bad sellers on Ebay.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@carpartsmelbourne2013,

Since the seller shipped to a different location, and did not respond to your messages, I am guessing you opened a dispute for Item Not Received, and either the seller did not respond or they did respond by issuing a refund.  If your feedback comment mentioned opening a dispute or case to get a refund, it violated ebay's feedback rules.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@mudshark61369

The feedback comment was "Absolutely shocking, part never arrived and seller wasted our time"

I can't see any violation.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@ctoos_17
I can't see where your post has anything to do with the topic.
Furthermore you don't know any of the transactions were we left a negative feedback.
But I can tell you that these feedbacks were well deserved and we don't take that easy.

@etacarina11
You're right, the industry around car parts is disgusting and all negative feedbacks we had to leave were about car parts.
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@carpartsmelbourne2013 wrote:
You're right, the industry around car parts is disgusting and all negative feedbacks we had to leave were about car parts.

That goes both ways. Some people will buy a part just to diagnose their car and if it doesn't fix it, even if the part works, will file a SNAD to get a free return. Or they fry the part trying it and then return it.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@carpartsmelbourne2013 wrote:

Useless to say that I'm quit speechless about that. 

Don't remain speechless.

Contact ebay with just a simple inquiry.

Is there any ebay employee or any ebay record in existence and maintained that would disclose the basis upon which the feedback removal was predicated & justified ?

Then ask ebay to give up their reason.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@ed8108

Thanks for your answer.
That was exactly what I did and all I got told is, that they can see the feedback was removed but there was no reason given for the removal.

Sounds like nepotism to me.
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Ask the rep to pass you to someone who can look up the reason given or can access where the reason is kept and has been recorded.

If the rep doesn't know, ask if the rep knows who he/ she works for and to deploy your call to that person.

Move forward & upward 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply